The easiest way to travel from Khao Sok National Park to Koh Samui is to take a joint bus and ferry service. By joint bus and ferry service the journey from Khao Sok to Koh Samui is scheduled to take from 6 hours 30 minutes to 7 hours 30 minutes.
Bus & ferry times from Khao Sok to Koh Samui
There are currently 3 direct services a day from Khao Sok National Park to Koh Samui available to book online.
|Khao Sok||Koh Samui||Cost||Company|
|08:00||15:30||620 THB||Phantip Travel|
|09:00||15:30||620 THB||Phantip Travel|
|10:00||17:30||620 THB||Phantip Travel|
- Phantip Travel takes passengers to Donsak via Surat Thani city where they board the Seatran Car Ferry to Koh Samui.
Buy Tickets from Khao Sok to Koh Samui
Use the Search Box to buy your tickets from Khao Sok National Park to Koh Samui.
On this route the service provided by Phantip Travel is the quickest option and the most comfortable.
Phantip Khao Sok Bus Stop
- Phantip Travel minivan services to Koh Samui depart from outside the Phantip Minivan Office, which is located by junction from the main road (Road 401) to the entrance to the Khao Sak National Park visitors centre.
Koh Samui Ferry Pier
- Phantip Travel services from Khao Sok National Park to Koh Samui arrive into Na Thon Seatran Ferry Pier in Koh Samui.
Travel Options from Koh Samui
There are five different ferry piers from which you travel from Koh Samui to other destinations in Thailand:
- Na Thon Ferry Port
- Ferry Companies: Lomprayah High Speed Ferry, Songserm, and Seatran Ferry
- Destinations: Koh Phangan, Koh Tao, Surat Thani, Bangkok, Nkahon Si Thammarat, Koh Phi Phi, Krabi, Khao Sok, Phuket, Hat Yai, and Phang Nga.
- Lipa Noi Ferry Port
- Ferry Companies: Raja Ferry
- Destinations: Surat Thani and Koh Phangan.
- Ferry Companies: Seatran Discovery
- Destinations: Koh Phangan, Koh Tao. Surat Thani, Krabi, Koh Phi Phi, Ao Nang, Railay, Phuket, Koh Lanta, Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport, and Koh Lanta.
- Maenam Pralarn Pier
- Ferry Companies: Lomprayah High Speed Ferry
- Destinations: Koh Phangan, Koh Tao, Chumphon, Hua Hin, Bangkok
- Big Buddha Pier
- Ferry Companies: Haad Rin Queen
- Destinations: Koh Phangan (Haad Rin – location of the Full Moon Party)
Koh Samui also has an airport which is privately owned by Bangkok Airways, which operates the vast majority of the flights in and out of Koh Samui. Bangkok Airways operates direct flights from Koh Samui to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chedgdu, Chongqing,, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Krabi, Kuala Lumpur, Pattaya–U-Tapao, Phuket, and Singapore.
- Travel Tip: Bangkok Airways has a monopoly position on air travel to and from Koh Samui and as a consequence they are much more expensive than other airlines operating flight of similar distances in Thailand. For this reason many people choose to use airports on the mainland such as Surat Thani and Nakhon Si Thammarat for onward travel from Koh Samui. Even taking account of the cost ferry and bus transfers from Koh Samui to the regional airports on the mainland air travel via Surat Thani or Nakhon Si Thammarat is still normally cheaper than flying direct from Koh Samui.