There are two ways you can travel from Koh Samui to Trang. One option is to take a ferry and then a bus to Surat Thani and take a train to Trang. The alternative option, which is normally faster, is to take a ferry to the mainland and then a bus to Trang.
Bus Times from Koh Samui to Trang
There is currently 1 joint ferry and bus service a day from Koh Samui to Trang available to book online.
- The first stage of the journey is 1 hour 30 minutes sea crossing to the mainland in a car ferry.
- The total travel time from Koh Samui to Trang is from 8 hours 00 minutes to 9 hours 30 minutes.
Buy Tickets from Koh Samui to Trang
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Koh Samui to Trang:
Passengers taking the Raja Ferry Service to Trang need to organise their own transport to Lipa Noi Ferry Pier to start their journey.
Koh Samui Ferry Pier
- Joint ferry and bus services from Koh Samui to Trang depart from the Koh Samui Raja Ferry Terminal at Lipa Noi on the west coast of Koh Samui.
Trang Bus Stop
- Raja Ferry bus services from Koh Samui terminate at Trang Bus Terminal.
Travel from Trang to Koh Muk and Koh Kradan
The easiest ways to travel from Trang to Koh Muk and Koh Kradan is to take the joint minivan and boat transfer service operated by King Travel:
- The first pick up point is Trang Railway Station at 11:30.
- Next they pick up from Trang Bus Station at 11:50.
- The third pick up point is Trang Airport at 12:00.
- The ferry arrives in Koh Muk at 13:30.
- The ferry then carries on to Koh Kradan where it is scheduled to arrive at 14:30.
- The service shuts down for the rainy season and recommences in late October.
Follow the links below to buy your tickers from Trang to Koh Muk and Koh Kradan: