There are two ways you can travel from Koh Samui to Trang. One option is to take a ferry and then a bus to Surat Thani and take a train to Trang. Trains to Trang depart from Surat Thani train station at 05:38 and 07:57. The alternative option, which is normally quicker, is to take a ferry to the mainland and then a bus to Trang.
Travel Times to Trang
There are three joint ferry and bus services a day from Koh Samui to Trang which you can book online.
|07:15||15:00||Raja Ferry||600 THB|
|09:15||17:00||Raja Ferry||600 THB|
|11:15||19:00||Raja Ferry||600 THB|
- The first stage of the journey is 1 hour 30 minutes sea crossing to the mainland in a car ferry.
- The total travel time from Koh Samui to Trang is 7 hours 45 minutes.
Buy Tickets to Trang
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Koh Samui to Trang:
Passengers taking the Raja Ferry Service to Trang need to organise their own transport to Lipa Noi Ferry Pier to start their journey.
Koh Samui Ferry Pier
- Joint ferry and bus services from Koh Samui to Trang depart from the Koh Samui Raja Ferry Terminal at Lipa Noi on the west coast of Koh Samui.
Trang Bus Stop
- Raja Ferry bus services from Koh Samui terminate at Trang Bus Terminal.
Travel to Koh Muk and Koh Kradan
There are two ways to travel from Trang to Koh Muk and Koh Kradan. The first option to take the ferry service operated by Tigerline Travel. Tigerline Travel ferry services to Koh Muk and Koh Kradan depart from Hat Yao Pier at 13:00. Hat Yao Pier is 47.8 km to the south west of Trang city. Tigerline Travel provide a joint bus and ferry service from various pick up points in Trang to Koh Mik and Koh Kradan:
- The first pick up point is Trang Bus Terminal at 11:00.
- Next they pick up from Trang Railway Station at 11:30.
- The third pick up point is Trang Airport at 11:50.
- The ferry arrives in Koh Muk at 13:15.
- The ferry then carries on to Koh Kradan where it is scheduled to arrive at 13:30.
- The service shuts down for the rainy season and recommences on the 16th October.
The other option is to take a minivan or taxi to Khuan Tung Ku pier and then take a longtail boat over to Koh Muk. Trang King Travel operates a twice service from the 16th October onward (after the rain season) which includes minivan transfer and boat journey from their office in Trang to both Koh Muk and Koh Kradan:
- Trang to Koh Muk: Departures at 11:00 (650 THB) and 16:00 (700 THB) with a journey time of 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Trang to Koh Kradan: Departures at 11:00 (750 THB) and 16:00 (750 THB) with a journey time of 2 hours 00 minutes.