The only way to travel direct from Chumphon to Ranong is by road. There are no direct flights from Chumphon to Ranong and there is currently no railway connection to Chumphon. There are two companies which operate direct minivan services from Chumphon town centre to Ranong, which take between 1 hour 50 minutes to 2 hours 00 minutes to travel 123 km from Chumphon to Ranong.
Minivan Times from Chumphon to Ranong
- Please note: The services shaded in grey are not currently operating.
|07:00||09:00||300 THB||KP Tripadvisor|
|07:00||08:50||360 THB||Fame Tour|
|10:00||12:00||300 THB||KP Tripadvisor|
|11:00||12:50||360 THB||Fame Tour|
|12:00||14:00||300 THB||KP Tripadvisor|
|14:00||16:00||300 THB||KP Tripadvisor|
|15:00||16:50||360 THB||Fame Tour|
|18:00||20:00||300 THB||KP Tripadvisor|
- Fame Tour services depart from their office in Chumphon Town. See below for the address and a location map.
- KP Tripadvisor services depart Chumphon Railway Station. See below for the address and a location map.
Buy Tickets from Chumphon to Ranong
Use the Search Box below to book your tickets from Chumphon to Ranong.
Fame Tour Chumphon Bus Stop
- Fame Tour services to Ranong depart from their office in Cumphon Town at 188/20-21 Saladang Road, Tatapao, Chumphon, 86000, Thailand.
KP Tripadvisor Chumphon Bus Stop
- KP Tripadvisor & Services minivan services to Ranong depart from Chumphon Railway Station, Tha Taphao, Mueang Chumphon District, Chumphon 86000.
Ranong Bus Station
- Both Fame Tour and KP Tripadvisor services from Chumphon terminate at Ranong Bus Station, 6/60-61, Moo 1, Phetkasem Road, Tambon Bang Rin, Amphoe Mueang Ranong, Ranong, 85000, Tambon Bang Rin, Amphoe Mueang Ranong, Chang Wat Ranong 85000.
Travel from Ranong to Koh Phayam and Myanmar
The majority of foreign visitors who travel to Ranong do so for one of two reasons: to travel across to Myanmar for the purposes of getting an exit stamp in their passport, or to reach the nearby island of Koh Phayam. For travel to Kawthaung in Myanmar from Ranong Bus Station, the first thing you need to do is to travel to the Thai Immigration Office which is located just off the Chaloem Phrakiat Road some 6.1 km from Ranong Bus Station. There are two ways to get from the bus station to the immigration office: by motorbike taxi (around 70 THB) or one of the red and blue shared taxis (20 THB), ask the shared taxi driver for ‘immigration’ or ‘saphan pla’ if they still don’t understand. Once you have received an exit stamp from Thai Immigration the next thing you need to do is to make your way to the nearby Saphan Pla Jetty to negotiate a trip on a longtail boat across to Kawthaung in Myanmar. Expect to pay around 300 THB for a return trip. If you already have visa for Myanmar then you can travel on from Kawthuang by local bus services to Yangon.
To travel to Koh Phayam from Ranong Bus Station take either a motorbike taxi, or a red and blue shared taxi from the bus station to the ferry pier to Koh Phayam which is also located off the Chaloem Phrakiat Road 61. km from the bus station. Ask either the motorbike taxi driver or the shared taxi driver for ‘Koh Phayam’ and they will take you to the pier. If you take a shared taxi, which is the cheapest option, then they will drop you off on the Chaloem Phrakiat Road by the turning down a side road which leads to the pier. Its a short walk from the main road to the pier. Ferry services to Koh Phayam depart from 07:30 to 16:00 everyday during high season, with a reduced service during the rainy season.