By joint ferry and bus service the journey from Koh Samui to Phuket is scheduled to take from 7 to 11 hours depending upon which service you take.
Bus Times from Koh Samui to Phuket
There are currently 9 direct services a day from Koh Samui to Phuket available to book online.
|Raja Ferry||05:00||16:00||฿ 650|
|Raja Ferry||05:30||16:00||฿ 650|
|Raja Ferry||08:30||18:00||฿ 680|
|Raja Ferry||11:00||20:00||฿ 650|
|Raja Ferry||11:30||20:00||฿ 650|
|Raja Ferry||12:30||21:30||฿ 680|
- Raja Ferry and Phantip Travel services terminate at Phuket Bus Terminal 2.
- The arrival point for the Lomprayah service is Phuket Town.
Buy Tickets from Koh Samui to Phuket
Use the Search Box below to buy your travel tickets from Koh Samui to Phuket.
Independent travel from Koh Samui to Phuket
The cheapest way to do the journey is take the car ferry from Nathon to Donsak ferry port, and book a bus transfer from Donsak to Surat Thani city with the ferry company at the same time as you purchase the ferry ticket.
From Surat Thani bus station, or the private travel agents on the Talad Mai road in Surat Thani city, there are frequent bus and minivan departures to Phuket bus station. The journey should take 9 to 10 hours in total from the time you depart Koh Samui on the ferry.
- Travel Tip: This is a much longer journey time than travelling direct because you will need to travel the 65 km from the ferry pier to Surat Thani city and then wait for the next bus or minivan departure to Phuket.
Option 1: Lomprayah Ferry from Koh Samui to Phuket
This services departs from the Lomprayah Pier in Na Thon, which is the administrative capital of Koh Samui, and goes direct to the centre of Phuket Town. The sea crossing to the mainland is on a high speed catamaran with comfortable seating and a sun deck. Food and drink can be purchased on the boat.
Travel Times from Koh Samui to Phuket (Lomprayah)
- Cost: 1,300 THB
- Journey time: 6 hours 45 minutes
Location of Na Thon Lomprayah Pier
- The Lomprayah service to Phuket departs from Na Thon Pier in Koh Samui.
Option 2: Phantip Travel from Koh Samui to Phuket
This service departs from the Phantip Travel office in Na Thon, and goes direct to Phuket Bus Terminal 2, the main transport centre for Phuket. The services travels via the car ferry pier in Na Thon to Donsak ferry pier where passengers transfer to a minivan which goes direct to Phuket Bus Terminal 2.
Travel Times from Koh Samui to Phuket (Phantip Travel)
- Cost: 640 THB
- Journey Time: 6 hours 30 minutes to 7 hours 00 min
Location of the Phantip Travel office in Na Thon
- The Phantip Travel service to Phuket departs from Phantip Travel office in Na Thon.
Arrival in Phuket
These services terminate in different places in Phuket.
- Option 1: Lomprayah Service
This service terminates at the Lomprayah Company office which is located in Phuket Town.
Location of the Lomprayah Bus Stop in Phuket Town
- Option 2: Phantip Travel and Option 3: Raja Ferry
These services terminate at either Phuket Bus Terminal 2, which 4 km to the north of Phuket Town, Phuket Bus Terminal 1, which is in Phuket Town.
Location of Phuket Bus Terminal 2