This journey can be done by bus and boat in two ways:
- Joint Ticket: Three companies operate joint ferry and bus services travelling direct from Koh Samui to Phuket.
- Via Surat Thani: You can also travel by ferry and bus to Surat Thani city, and take a bus from there to Phuket.
Travel Times to Phuket
There are five direct services from Koh Samui to Phuket a day.
|Lomprayah||08.00||15.00||7 hr 00 m||฿ 750|
|Seatran Discovery||09.00||16.00||7 hr 00 m||฿ 600|
|Phantip Travel||09.30||17.30||8 hr 00 m||฿ 499|
|Lomprayah||12.00||19.00||7 hr 00 m||฿ 600|
|Lomprayah||12.45||19.45||7 hr 00 m||฿ 750|
- The Seatran Discovery and Phantip Travel services both terminate at Phuket Bus Terminal (2).
- The arrival point for the Lomprayah service is Phuket town.
Buy Tickets to Phuket
Use the Search Box below to find your tickets from Koh Samui to Phuket:
The cheapest way to do the journey is take the car ferry from Nathon to Donsak ferry port, and book a bus transfer from Donsak to Surat Thani city with the ferry company at the same time as you purchase the ferry ticket.
From Surat Thani bus station, or the private travel agents on the Talad Mai road in Surat Thani city, there are frequent bus and minivan departures to Phuket bus station. The journey should take 9 to 10 hours in total from the time you depart Koh Samui on the ferry.
- Travel Tip: This is a much longer journey time than travelling direct because you will need to travel the 65 km from the ferry pier to Surat Thani city and then wait for the next bus or minivan departure to Phuket.
Option 1: Lomprayah Ferry
This services departs from the Lomprayah Pier in Nathon, which is the administrative capital of Koh Samui, and goes direct to the centre of Phuket Town. The sea crossing to the mainland is on a high speed catamaran with comfortable seating and a sun deck. Food and drink can be purchased on the boat.
Travel Times from Koh Samui to Phuket (Lomprayah)
- Cost: 600 to 750 THB
- Journey time: 7 hours
Location of Na Thon Lomprayah Pier
- The Lomprayah service to Phuket departs from Na Thon Pier in Koh Samui.
Option 2: Phantip Travel
This service departs from Koh Samui Bus Terminal, which is near Nathon town, and goes direct to Phuket Bus Terminal 2, the main transport centre for Phuket. The journey goes via the car ferry pier from Lipa Noi pier to Donsak ferry pier where passengers transfer to a minivan which goes direct to Phuket Bus Terminal 2.
Travel Times from Koh Samui to Phuket (Phantip Travel)
- Cost: 499 THB
- Journey Time: 8 hours 00 min
Location of Koh Samui Bus Station
- The Phantip Travel service to Phuket departs from Koh Samui bus station.
Arrival in Phuket
The two services terminate in different places in Phuket.
- Option 1: Lomprayah Service
This service terminates at the Lomprayah Company office which is located in Phuket Town.
Location of the Lomprayah Bus Stop in Phuket Town
- Option 2: Phantip Travel
This service terminates at Phuket Bus Terminal 2, which is 4 km north of Phuket Town.