There are two ways to travel quickly between Koh Phangan and Phuket:
- By a flight from Koh Samui airport to Phuket. Koh Samui is 30 minutes from Koh Phangan by ferry.
- By booking a joint boat and bus service which will take you directly from Koh Phangan to Phuket.
There are other cheaper ways of doing the journey, but they take longer and in general they are the best option only for visitors planning to stay months in South East Asia on a tight budget. See below for more information about independent travel between Koh Phangan and Phuket.
Travel Times to Phuket
There are five direct services a day from Koh Phangan to Phuket which you can book online.
|Lomprayah||07:20||15:00||7 hrs 40 m||1,100 THB|
|Phantip Travel||08:00||17.30||9 hrs 30 m||550 THB|
|Raja Ferry||08:00||17:00||9 hrs 00 m||560 THB|
|Seatran Discovery||08:00||17:30||9 hrs 30 m||900 THB|
|Lomprayah||12:00||20:00||8 hrs 00 m||1,100 THB|
- Book early if you want to take the 07:20 departure on the Lomprayah as these tickets often sell out. The 12:00 departure, which arrives at 20:00, is the less popular option.
- The Phantip Travel and Seatran Discovery services terminate at Phuket Bus Terminal 2 which is 4.6 km away from Phuket Town.
- The Lomprayah Service terminates in Phuket Town.
Buy Tickets to Phuket
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Koh Phangan to Phuket.
The service we recommend is provided by the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company. The journey with the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company has two stages:
- High speed ferry to Surat Thani on the mainland.
- Luxury bus direct from Surat Thani to Phuket Town.
The Phantip Travel and Seatran services follow a slightly different route from Koh Phangan to Phuket travelling via Donsak.
Independent to Phuket
If you want to travel independently then the journey has two stages:
- Take a boat and bus connection from Koh Phangan to Surat Thani city.
- Then catch a minivan to Phuket from there.
The cheapest it is currently possible to do the journey this way for between 450 and 560 THB (depending upon whether you take a public bus or a minivan from Surat Thani city) but the total journey time is likely to be around 4 hours longer than booking to go direct from Koh Phangan to Phuket with the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company. What takes the extra time is getting from Donsak ferry pier to Surat Thani city and then a wait for connecting minivan to depart. The direct service takes you from Koh Phangan on a high speed ferry to a minivan or bus waiting at the pier on the mainland.
Koh Phangan Ferry Port
Joint ferry and bus services from Koh Phangan to Phuket start at Koh Phangan Ferry Port in Thong Sala, which is the administrative capital of the island. Thong Sala can easily be reached by shared taxi (songthaew) from nearly all areas of Koh Phangan. Most resorts will be able to organise a car to take you to the ferry port in time to check in for the journey and board the ferry.
Location of Koh Phangan Port
Arrival In Phuket
The Lomprayah Service terminates in Phuket Town. To go to destinations in the North of Phuket go to the minivan station on Montri Road, just north of the Phuket Post Office. For destinations in the South of Phuket go to the minivan station on Phangnga Road.
Lomprayah Bus Stop in Phuket