For the journey from Koh Phi Phi to Koh Samui you can either travel independently or take a direct service where the same travel company arranges all the stages of the journey.
Travel Times to Koh Samui
There are three direct services a day from Koh Phi Phi to Koh Samui available to book online.
|Company||Koh Phi Phi||Koh Samui||Journey||Cost|
|Seatran Discovery||09:00||16:00||7 hr 00 m||฿ 750|
|Lomprayah||09:00||17:15||8 hr 15 m||฿ 700|
|Songserm||10:30||17:45||7 hr 15 m||฿ 750|
If want to go with a direct service it is advisable to book in advance as in high season these tickets can sell out well before the day of travel. Because of the number of different stages in the journey from Koh Phi Phi to Koh Samui it is easy to understand why the direct service is a more popular choice than travelling independently.
Buy Tickets to Koh Samui
Use the Search Box below to book your tickets from Koh Phi Phi to Koh Samui:
After booking you will be sent an E-Ticket which you need to exchange for a paper ticket at Ton Sai Pier before you board the ferry to start your journey to Koh Samui.
Travel to Koh Samui
If you travel independently from Koh Phi Phi to Koh Samui the journey has 5 stages:
- Stage 1: Ferry from Koh Phi Phi to Klong Jilard Pier in Krabi (1.5 to 2 hours)
- Stage 2: Taxi from Klong Jilard Pier to Krabi town (15 minutes)
- Stage 3: Bus or minibus from Krabi town to Surat Thani city (4 to 5 hours)
- Stage 4: Bus from Surat Thani city to Donsak ferry port (1.5 hours)
- Stage 5: Ferry from Donsak to Koh Samui (1 to 1.5 hours)
Ton Sai Pier
Koh Phi Phi’s main ferry pier is on Ton Sai beach, which is in the centre of Koh Phi Phi near where most of the resorts and main town are located. This where your journey to Koh Samui starts.
Location of Ton Sai Pier
- All services to Koh Samui depart from Ton Sai Pier
Bangrak Seatran Pier
The Seatran Discovery service arrives at Bangrak Pier, which is in the North of Koh Samui:
- 3.2 km from Koh Samui airport
- 4.6 km from Bophut
- 6.5 km from Chaweng
You can pre-book a transfer to your hotel with the Seatran Company when you check in (150 THB per person), or alternatively you can normally find taxis or songthaews (converted pick up truck) waiting outside the ferry terminal which will take you to your final destination in Koh Samui.
Location of Bangrak Pier
- The Seatran Discovery Services arrives at Bangrak Pier in Koh Samui.
Location of Na Thon Pier
- Lomprayah and Songserm services arrive at Na Thon Pier in Koh Samui.