From Koh Samui there are two ways to travel to Koh Phi Phi:
- Independent Travel: First to Surat Thani town, then take a minivan to Krabi, then take a taxi to the ferry pier and finally board a ferry to Koh Tao.
- Joint Ferry and Bus Transfer: Book a direct service by ferry and bus to Koh Phi Phi and avoid changing from bus to minivan in Surat Thani town and from minivan to taxi at Krabi bus station.
Travel Times to Koh Phi Phi
Direct services from Koh Samui to Koh Phi Phi are provided by four companies: Songserm, Lomprayah High Speed Ferry, Seatran Discovery and Phantip Travel.
|Company||Koh Samui||Koh Phi Phi||Journey||Cost|
|Songserm*||06:30||15:00||8 hr 30 m||฿ 900|
|Lomprayah*||06:30||16:30||10 hr 00 m||฿ 1,050|
|Phantip Travel||07:30||15:30||8 hr 00 m||฿ 750|
|Raja Ferry||07:30||16:00||8 hr 30 m||฿ 800|
|Seatran Discovery||09:00||16:30||7 hr 30 m||฿ 900|
* Includes hotel pick up.
Buy Tickets to Koh Phi
Use the Search Box below to find tickets for a direct service from Koh Samui to Koh Phi Phi.
Independent Travel to Koh Phi Phi
The best way to explain how to travel independently from Koh Samui to Koh Phi Phi is to break the journey down into 5 different stages:
- Ferry from Koh Samui to Donsak.
- Bus from Donsak ferry port to Surat Thani bus station.
- Bus from Surat Thani bus station to Krabi bus station.
- Taxi from Krabi bus station to Klong Jilard pier.
- Ferry from Klong Jilard pier to Koh Phi Phi.
Journeys times can vary from 9 to 12 hours depending upon how quickly you can make each connection. If you travel independently you may need to spend one night in Krabi before travelling onto Koh Phi Phi.
Option 1: Seatran Discovery
This service departs from Bangrak Pier, which is in the North East of Koh Samui near the airport and Bophut. You can get here by shared taxi pick up taxi or private taxi. This small pier has a cafe, toilet, covered seating area and adjacent small supermarket. Turn up at least 30 minutes before travel to check in and exchange your travel voucher for a ticket at the check in counter.
Travel Times from Koh Samui to Koh Phi Phi (Seatran Discovery)
- Journey Time: 7 hours 30 min
- Cost: 900 THB
Location of Bangrak Pier in Koh Samui
- The Seatran Discovery service to Koh Phi Phi departs from Bangrak Pier.
Option 2: Phantip Travel
This service departs from Nathon Seatran Ferry Pier. The first part of the journey by car ferry to Donsak ferry port on the mainland. From there passengers transfer to a bus or minivan (depending on the number of people travelling) for the journey to Ao Nam Mao Pier in Krabi province to board another ferry over to Koh Phi Phi.
Travel Times from Koh Samui to Koh Phi Phi (Phantip Travel)
- Journey Time: 8 hours 00 min
- Cost: 750 THB
Location of Nathon Seatran Ferry Pier
- The Phantip Travel service to Koh Phi Phi departs from Nathon Seatran Ferry Pier.
Arrival in Koh Phi Phi
All services from Koh Samui to Koh Phi Phi terminate at Ao Ton Sai Pier, which is in the centre of Koh Phi Phi in the main town. Many of the resorts are situated here. If you are in one of the resorts in the North of the island you may need to organise a taxi boat for your onward journey as this may be easier than the journey by road from the Ao Ton Sai Pier. Taxi boats are available for hire from the pier.