From Koh Samui there are two ways to travel to Koh Phi Phi:
- Independent Travel: First travel to Surat Thani town, then take a minivan to Krabi, then take a taxi to the ferry pier and finally board a ferry to Koh Phi Phi.
- Joint Ferry and Bus Transfer: Book a direct service by ferry and bus to Koh Phi Phi and avoid changing from a bus to a minivan in Surat Thani town and from a minivan to a taxi at Krabi bus station.
Bus Times from Koh Samui to Koh Phi Phi
There are currently 4 direct services a day from Koh Samui to Koh Phi Phi available to book online.
|Company||Koh Samui||Koh Phi Phi||Journey||Cost|
|Raja Ferry||05:00||17:00||12 hr 00 m||฿ 1,220|
|Raja Ferry||05:30||17:00||11 hr 30 m||฿ 1,220|
|Phantip||06:00||16:45||10 hr 45 m||฿ 1,200|
|Phantip||08:00||16:45||8 hr 45 m||฿ 1,200|
Buy Tickets from Koh Samui to Koh Phi Phi
Use the Search Box below to buy tickets on direct services from Koh Samui to Koh Phi Phi.
Independent Travel to Koh Phi Phi
The best way to explain how to travel independently from Koh Samui to Koh Phi Phi is to break the journey down into 5 different stages:
- Ferry from Koh Samui to Donsak.
- Bus from Donsak ferry port to Surat Thani bus station.
- Bus from Surat Thani bus station to Krabi bus station.
- Taxi from Krabi bus station to Klong Jilard pier.
- Ferry from Klong Jilard pier to Koh Phi Phi.
Journeys times can vary from 9 to 12 hours depending upon how quickly you can make each connection. If you travel independently you may need to spend one night in Krabi before travelling onto Koh Phi Phi.
Option 1: Phantip Travel
This service departs from Nathon Seatran Ferry Pier. The first part of the journey by car ferry to Donsak ferry port on the mainland. From there passengers transfer to a bus or minivan (depending on the number of people travelling) for the journey to Ao Nam Mao Pier in Krabi province to board another ferry over to Koh Phi Phi.
Travel Times from Koh Samui to Koh Phi Phi (Phantip Travel)
|Koh Samui||Koh Phi Phi|
- Journey Time: 8 hours 45 min to 10 hours minutes
- Cost: 1,200 THB
Location of the Phantip Travel office in Na Thon
- The Phantip Travel service to Koh Phi Phi departs from the Phantip Travel office in Na Thon.
Option 2: Seatran Discovery
- Please note: Seatran Discovery services from Koh Samui to Koh Phi Phi have been temporarily suspended due to the covid-19 pandemic.
This service departs from Bangrak Pier, which is in the North East of Koh Samui near the airport and Bophut. You can get here by shared taxi pick up taxi or private taxi. This small pier has a cafe, toilet, covered seating area and adjacent small supermarket. Turn up at least 30 minutes before travel to check in and exchange your travel voucher for a ticket at the check in counter.
Travel Times from Koh Samui to Koh Phi Phi (Seatran Discovery)
- Please note: The services shaded in grey are not currently operating.
|Koh Samui||Koh Phi Phi|
- Journey Time:
7 hours 30 min
Location of Bangrak Pier in Koh Samui
- The Seatran Discovery service to Koh Phi Phi departs from Bangrak Pier.
Arrival in Koh Phi Phi
All services from Koh Samui to Koh Phi Phi terminate at Ao Ton Sai Pier, which is in the centre of Koh Phi Phi in the main town. Many of the resorts are situated here. If you are in one of the resorts in the North of the island you may need to organise a taxi boat for your onward journey as this may be easier than the journey by road from the Ao Ton Sai Pier. Taxi boats are available for hire from the pier.
Location of Ao Ton Sai Pier