There are several different ways to travel by public from Phuket to Koh Phangan, the fastest of which is to take a direct bus and ferry service.
Bus Times from Phuket to Koh Phangan
There are currently 4 direct services a day from Phuket to Koh Phangan available to book online.
|07:30||16:30||Raja Ferry||680 THB|
|08:00||16:00||Call Me Taxi||1,750 THB|
- The fastest service from Phuket to Koh Phangan is the 09:00 departure with the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company which completes the journey in 7 hours 00 minutes.
- The cheapest service from Phuket to Koh Phangan is the 07:30 departure with Raja Ferry which costs only 680 THB per person booked online.
Buy Tickets from Phuket to Koh Phangan
Use the Search Box below to buy tickets to travel from Phuket to Koh Phangan.
- Compare ticket prices and travel times.
- Secure online booking.
- Instant ticket confirmation and E-Ticket
Option 1: Phantip Travel from Phuket to Koh Phangan
Phantip Travel currently has one direct departure a day from Phuket Bus Terminal 2 to Thong Sala pier, which is in the main town of Koh Phangan. This service is slower than travelling with the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company because the connection between the mainland port of Donsak and the island of Koh Phangan is via the Raja Car Ferry, which takes much longer to complete the sea crossing.
- The Phantip Travel Service to Koh Phangan Departs from Phuket Bus Terminal 2
Phuket Bus Terminal 2 is located 4 km to the north centre of Phuket Town and is primarily a long distance bus terminal.
- Location of Phuket Bus Terminal 2
Option 2: Seatran Discovery from Phuket to Koh Phangan
- Please note: The Seatran Discovery service from Phuket to Koh Phangan has temporarily stopped operating.
The Seatran Discovery Company provides a very similar service to Phantip Travel except that it costs more, uses a better bus and passengers travel on a fast ferry as opposed to the car ferry upon which passengers on Phantip Travel service sail from the mainland to Koh Phangan.
- Seatran Discovery Service to Koh Phangan Departs from Phuket Bus Terminal 2
See the link above for more information about Phuket Bus Terminal 2.
Independent Travel from Phuket to Koh Phangan
You can do this journey independently. The best way to explain how is to break the journey down into parts:
- Bus to Surat Thani city: These depart from Phuket Bus Terminal 2
- Bus to Donsak Ferry Port: The bus journey to one of the Donsak ferry ports takes around 90 minutes from Surat Thani city.
- Ferry to Koh Phangan: There are four different ferry services from Donsak. The most frequent service is provided by the Raja Ferry Company.
Travelling independently costs only slightly less than using the direct service provided by Phantip Travel, and take 2 or more hours longer to travel from Phuket to Koh Phangan than it does travelling with a direct service.
Koh Phangan Ferry Port
All three services arrive in Koh Phangan at the main ferry port in Thong Sala which is located on the South Coast of Koh Phangan.
There are always plenty of shared taxis waiting at the pier which can you either hire privately or travel to your destination with other people which is normally cheaper. On arrival at the pier you will be approached by sales people for the taxi services. Taxi operators at Koh Phangan Ferry Port tend to work cooperatively so there is no advantage travelling with one taxi over another or spending a lot of effort trying to bargain a cheaper price for shared taxi services. Currently, the average fares (per person) in a shared taxi from Thong Sala pier are:
- Haad Rin (Full Moon Party) – 200 THB
- Haad Yao – 200 THB
- Thong Nai Pan – 300 THB
It costs more to rent out the taxi privately or if a small group of people decide that they want to leave before the taxi is full. Agree a price before you set off to avoid arguments later on.
Location of Thong Sala Pier