There are two ways to get from Phuket to Koh Phangan, which is the location of the Full Moon Party.
- By bus then ferry from Donsak: You can drive over the bridge at the north end of Phuket island and then drive across the mainland peninsula of Thailand to the ferry port at Donsak, near to Surat Thani on the Gulf of Thailand coast catch the ferry to Koh Phangan.
- By ferry to Krabi, then bus, then another ferry from Donsak: The other way to do the journey is to go to Rassada Pier near Phuket Town from where you can catch a ferry to Klong Jilard ferry pier in Krabi, and from there take a bus to Donsak to get the ferry to Koh Phangan.
Travel Times to Koh Phangan
There are three daily direct services from Phuket to Koh Phangan which you can book online:
|Phantip Travel||09:00||18:30||550 THB|
|Seatran Discovery||09:00||17:00||900 THB|
|Raja Ferry||09:00||18:30||580 THB|
- The fastest service from Phuket to Koh Phangan is the 09:00 departure with Seatran Discovery which completes the journey in 8 hours 00 minutes.
- The cheapest service from Phuket to Koh Phangan is the 09.00 departure with Phantip Travel which costs only 550 THB per person booked online.
Buy Tickets to Koh Phangan
Use the Search Box below to find tickets to travel from Phuket to Koh Phangan:
- Compare ticket prices and travel times.
- Secure online booking.
- Instant ticket confirmation and E-Ticket
Option 1: Phantip Travel
Phantip Travel has one direct departures a day from Phuket Bus Terminal (2) to Thong Sala pier, which is in the main town of Koh Phangan. This service is slower than travelling with the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company because the connection between the mainland port of Donsak and the island of Koh Phangan is via the Raja Car Ferry, which takes around 45 longer to complete the sea crossing.
- The Phantip Travel Service to Koh Phangan Departs from Phuket Bus Terminal (2)
Phuket Bus Terminal (2) is Phuket’s main bus station and slightly more than 4.7 km from Phuket Town. Phuket Bus Terminal (2) is easily reached by shared songthaew taxi and minivan from most locations on Phuket Island.
- Location of Phuket Bus Terminal 2
Option 2: Seatran Discovery
The Seatran Discovery Company provides a very similar service to Phantip Travel except that it costs more, uses a better bus and passengers travel on a fast ferry as opposed to the car ferry upon which passengers on Phantip Travel service sail from the mainland to Koh Phangan.
- Seatran Discovery Service to Koh Phangan Departs from Phuket Bus Terminal (2)
See above for more information about Phuket Bus Terminal 2 in the section about the Phantip Travel service which also departs from Phuket Bus Terminal 2.
Independent Travel to Koh Phangan
You can do this journey independently. The best way to explain how is to break the journey down into parts:
- Bus to Surat Thani city: These depart from Phuket Bus Terminal 2
- Bus to Donsak Ferry Port: The bus journey to one of the Donsak ferry ports takes around 90 minutes from Surat Thani city.
- Ferry to Koh Phangan: There are four different ferry services from Donsak. The most frequent service is provided by the Raja Ferry Company.
Travelling independently costs only slightly less than using the direct service provided by Phantip Travel, and take 2 or more hours longer to travel from Phuket to Koh Phangan.
Koh Phangan Ferry Port
All three services arrive in Koh Phangan at the main ferry port in Thong Sala which is located on the South Coast of Koh Phangan.
There are always plenty of shared taxis waiting at the pier which can you either hire privately or travel to your destination with other people which is normally cheaper. On arrival at the pier you will be approached by sales people for the taxi services. Taxi operators at Koh Phangan Ferry Port tend to work cooperatively so there is no advantage travelling with one taxi over another or spending a lot of effort trying to bargain a cheaper price for shared taxi services. Currently, the average fares (per person) in a shared taxi from Thong Sala pier are:
- Haad Rin (Full Moon Party) – 200 THB
- Haad Yao – 200 THB
- Thong Nai Pan – 300 THB
It costs more to rent out the taxi privately or if a small group of people decide that they want to leave before the taxi is full. Agree a price before you set off to avoid arguments later on.
Location of Thong Sala Pier