There are ways to travel direct from Krabi to Bangkok by public transport:
- Fly from Krabi Airport: Most Expensive
- Travel by bus: Cheapest
Option 1: Fly from Krabi to Bangkok
You can fly from Krabi Airport to Don Mueang Airport near Bangkok. This is the quickest route and depending on the day you are travelling it may be only slightly more expensive for the plane ticket than it is for a bus ticket. However, bear in mind that there are hidden costs in air travel in Thailand, particularly expensive taxi journeys to and from the airport. Taxis are not cheap in Krabi.
Flight Times from Krabi to Bangkok
|Krabi - Bangkok ฿ 1,737–23,305 1h 20m – 1d 13h 35m
|Krabi - Don Mueang Airport ฿ 1,060–3,160 1h 20m – 4h 25m
Option 2: Bus from Krabi to Bangkok
By bus it takes 12 to 20 hours to travel from Krabi to Bangkok and it is the cheapest way to get to Central Bangkok. Some travellers enjoy long distance bus journeys because they provide an opportunity to see lesser visited parts of Thailand during the journey.
Bus Times from Krabi to Bangkok
- All services listed above terminate at Bangkok’s Southern Bus Terminal, except for the Montanatip service which arrives in Bangkok near the Khao San Road. See below for more details about Bangkok’s Southern Bus Terminal.
Buy Tickets from Krabi to Bangkok
Use the Search Box below to buy bus tickets and flights from Krabi to Bangkok.
- Compare ticket prices
- Find the most convenient travel times
- Easy to book tickets
- Instant booking confirmation
Krabi Town Bus Station
Lignite bus services depart from Krabi Provincial Transport Station, or Krabi Bus Terminal as it is also known, is about 2 km north of Krabi Town. There are plenty of shared pick up truck taxis (songthaew) going to the bus station from Krabi Town and from Ao Nang beach. The bus station is small but there are places to eat and buy drinks and snacks for the journey.
Location of Krabi Bus Station
Bangkok Bus Station
Transport Co and Lignite bus services terminate at Sai Tai Mai, Bangkok’s Southern Bus Terminal. It is located on the other side of the river to main areas where visitors to the City mostly stay. Sai Tai Mai is not within easy walking distance of a metro or elevated railway station. Your options are:
- Take a bus (slow and difficult to work out).
- Take a taxi all the way to your final destination in Bangkok.
- Take a taxi as far Bang Wa BTS station and from there travel onward via the BTS (Skytrain) system.
- Travel Tip: If you are going to the Khao San Road area you are better off simply taking a taxi the whole way; the BTS system does not currently have a station close to the Khao San Road.