There are currently 6 direct services a day from Krabi town to Koh Phangan operated by 3 different companies. Alternatively you can do the journey independently on public transport, booking separate bus and ferry tickets, which is about the same price as the cheapest of the direct services but can take a lot longer because of the connection times.
Bus Times from Krabi to Koh Phangan
The quickest service, provided by the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company takes 5 hours 00 minutes. The slowest service takes 8 hours 00 minutes.
|Raja Ferry||09:00||16:30||680 THB|
|Raja Ferry||10:00||16:30||680 THB|
- Lomprayah services depart from their office in the centre of Krabi Town.
- Raja Ferry and Phantip services depart from Krabi Bus Terminal.
- All services terminate at Thong Sala Ferry Port in Koh Phangan.
Buy Tickets from Krabi to Koh Phangan
Use the Search Box below to buy tickets from Krabi to Koh Phangan.
Simply enter your travel dates and click to Find Tickets. All the services listed above are available to book online in advance.
Independent travel from Krabi to Koh Phangan
If you travel independently from Krabi to Koh Phangan rather than buy a joint ticket on a direct service then the journey has 2 stages.
- Stage 1:
The first stage in the journey is to take a bus or minivan from Krabi Bus Terminal to Surat Thani town. There are frequent minivan departures from Krabi to Surat Thani. The journey by minivan from Krabi to Surat Thani can takes around 4 hours, and costs 250 to 300 THB person (2022 prices).
- Stage 2:
Once in Surat Thani the second stage of the journey is to go to one of the ferry ports in Donsak, which is 65 km away from Surat Thani town. The cheapest ferry service is the Raja car ferry. Joint bus and boat tickets on the Raja Ferry can be purchased at Phangan Tour 2000 on the Talad Mai Road, very near the city centre bus station. The ticket from Surat Thani town costs 400 THB (2022 prices) and includes the bus to Donsak ferry port as well as the boat tickets. It takes around 4 hours to complete the journey from Surat Thani city to Koh Phangan via the car ferry.
- Travel Tip: The quickest you can expect to do the journey from Krabi town to Koh Phangan independently is 9 hours. You can complete the same journey in 4 hours 45 minutes if you book a ticket to travel with the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company.
Option 1: Lomprayah Ferry from Krabi to Koh Phangan
This service leaves from the Lomprayah Office on the Vatchara Road in the centre of Krabi Town. The journey begins with a bus transfer to Donsak ferry port on the Gulf of Thailand coast for a sea journey on the Lomprayah high speed catamaran ferry to Koh Phangan via Koh Samui. The Lomprayah Company uses a high speed catamaran ferry which completes the sea crossing from Donsak to Koh Phangan in 1 hour 30 minutes, which around 1 hour quicker than other ferries on the same route.
Lomprayah Bus Times from Krabi to Koh Phangan
- Cost: 1,200 THB
- Journey Time: 5 hours 00 minutes.
- Lomprayah Bus Stop in Krabi: Lomprayah Krabi Office, Pak Nam, Mueang Krabi District, Krabi 81000, Thailand
Option 2: Seatran Discovery from Krabi to Koh Phangan
- Please note: Seatran Discovery services from Krabi to Koh Phangan have been temporarily suspended.
This service leaves from Soi Seebaramee 1, which is side road off Soi Maharaj, in the centre of Krabi Town. The Seatran Discovery Office is opposite the Yolk Super Mart. This services follow the same route as the Lomprayah service although they have a different slightly slower boat. The journey with the Seatran Discovery Company takes 45 to 75 minutes longer than the journey with the Lomprayah Company but costs 100 THB less.
Seatran Discovery Bus Times from Krabi to Koh Phangan
- Please note: The services shaded in grey are not currently operating.
- Cost: 850 THB
- Journey Time: 5 hours 30 minutes to 6 hours
- Seatran Discovery Bus Stop in Krabi: Pak Nam, Mueang Krabi District, Krabi 81000, Thailand
Option 3: Phantip Travel from Krabi to Koh Phangan
This service involves travel in a combination of bus, minivan and car ferry in three stages from Krabi to Koh Phangan.
Phantip Bus Times from Krabi to Koh Phangan
- Cost: 670 THB
- Journey Time: 6 hours 15 minutes to 8 hours 00 minutes
- Phantip Travel Bus Stop in Krabi: Krabi Bus Terminal
Koh Phangan Ferry Port
All ferry services from Krabi to Koh Phangan arrive at Thong Sala Pier, which is Koh Phangan’s main ferry port. Thong Sala is Koh Phangan’s main town located on the South Coast of the island. Whenever a ferry arrives at Thong Sala Pier there are normally lots of shared taxis (songthaew) waiting to take passengers to all points on the island. The prices are not fixed. Expect to pay around 200 THB for the trip from Thong Sala to Haad Rin and 300 THB to Thong Nai Pan. It will cost more if you want to hire the whole vehicle. There are some hotels and resorts within a reasonable walking distance of Thong Sala Pier on the Baan Tai road which leads to Haad Rin.
Location of Koh Phangan Ferry Port
- All services from Krabi to Koh Phangan terminate at Thong Sala Ferry Pier, in Thong Sala, Koh Phangan.