The easiest way to travel from Krabi to Koh Tao is to take a joint ferry and bus service. Booking separate ferry and bus tickets is not a cheaper option and by using different companies the journey usually takes longer.
Bus Times from Krabi to Koh Tao
There are currently 7 services a day from Krabi to Koh Tao available to book online.
|Krabi Sea Pearl
|Krabi Sea Pearl
|Sapthaweephol Tour and Travel
The journey from Krabi to Koh Tao with the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company has two stages. First, you take a bus from Krabi town to Donsak in Surat Thani province, a journey which takes about 3 hours. Then from Donsak you board a ferry, which takes about 3 hours, to get to Koh Tao via Koh Samui and Koh Phangan.
Buy Tickets from Krabi to Koh Tao
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Krabi to Koh Tao.
- Compare ticket prices.
- Find the best departure and arrival times.
- Instant ticket confirmation.
Lomprayah from Krabi to Koh Tao
This service leaves from outside the Lomprayah Office on the Vatchara Road, which is the main road through Krabi Town. It is worth bearing in mind that this office is outside of the town centre and some 2.8 km by road from the Maharaj Road where shared taxis from popular locations such as Ao Nang arrive. The office is not on the public transport routes from the beach resorts and you may need to take a taxi or tuk-tuk to get there.
- Cost: 1,200 to 1,400 THB
- Journey Time: 5 hours to 6 hours 30 minutes
- Travel times for the Lomprayah service from Krabi to Koh Tao:
- Location of the Lomprayah Bus Stop in Krabi
Independent Travel from Krabi to Koh Tao
There are two routes you can use to travel from Krabi to Koh Tao. The route via Surat Thani is the one used by the companies offering a direct point to point travel service from Krabi to Koh Tao.
- Route 1: via Chumphon (Thung Makham pier).
- It takes 3 hours 48 minutes by road from Krabi to Chumphon, although the journey by public bus can take up to 8 hours.
- Lomprayah ferries to Koh Tao depart from nearby Thung Makham pier at 7.00 and 13.00.
- This is the cheapest route to take from Krabi to Chumphon because the ferries from Chumphon to Koh Tao are cheaper than the ferries from Surat Thani province to Koh Tao.
- Route 2: via Surat Thani (Donsak ferry pier).
- It takes 1 hour 50 minutes by road from Krabi to Surat Thani, and from there it takes 60 to 90 minutes by bus to reach any of the Donsak ferry ports.
- There are four different ferry piers in Donsak so make sure that you travel to the right one. Boats from Donsak to Koh Tao leave at 10.10, 11.00, 14.30 and 16.00.
- Alternatively, from Surat Thani city centre you can take the Night Boat to Koh Tao which departs at 23.00 and arrives in Koh Tao at 08:00.
Koh Tao Ferry Pier
All three services arrive at Mae Haad Pier, which is near the main town of Koh Tao on Sairee Beach and where the majority of the resorts are located. If you are staying somewhere too far to walk to from Mae Haad Pier, then there are always plenty of shared taxis which are already waiting at the pier whenever a boat arrives.