There are three companies providing direct bus services from Phuket to Koh Samui. Some services are faster than others.
- Phantip Travel: The Phantip Travel service departs from Phuket Bus Terminal 1 in Phuket Town centre. Passengers make the sea crossing to Koh Samui in a Seatran car ferry.
- Raja Ferry: The Raja Ferry service also departs from Phuket Bus Terminal 1 in Phuket Town centre. Passengers make the sea crossing to Koh Samui in the Raja Ferry, which is also a car ferry.
- Lomprayah High Speed Ferry: Families and people on short holidays to Thailand tend to use the more expensive service provided by the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company because it is more comfortable and is easier because the staff take your luggage on and off the ferries and buses.
Bus Times from Phuket to Koh Samui
There are currently 3 direct services a day from Phuket to Koh Samui available to book online.
|Raja Ferry||07:30||16:30||620 THB|
- The fastest service from Phuket to Koh Samui is the 09:00 departure with the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company.
- The cheapest service from Phuket to Koh Samui is the 07:30 departure with Raja Ferry.
Buy Tickets from Phuket to Koh Samui
Tickets for both the Phantip Travel and Lomprayah services can be purchased in advance online by using the Search Box below. The ticket price is no more expensive than if you purchase a ticket directly from any of the travel companies operating on this route.
Option 1: Phantip Travel from Phuket to Koh Samui
This service involves a bus journey to mainland Thailand and then across to Donsak near Surat Thani where you catch the car ferry over to Koh Samui. This is the cheapest way to do the journey and the quickest, although it involves the longest bus journey. The car ferry takes 1 hour 30 minutes to get to Koh Samui which is slower than the boats used by the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company and the Seatran Discovery Company.1
- Phantip Travel departs from Phuket Bus Terminal 1
Phuket Bus Terminal 1 is located off the Phangnga Road in the centre of Phuket Town. Phuket Bus Terminal 1 is primarily a local bus station with shared taxi and minivan services to and from destinations such as Patong Beach.
- Location of Phuket Bus Terminal 1
Option 2: Lomprayah Ferry from Phuket to Koh Samui
This company’s service has four stages. 1. Minivan transfer to a ferry pier near Phuket Town. 2. Ferry from Phuket to Krabi. 3. Bus journey from Krabi to Donsak ferry pier. 4. High speed ferry from Donsak to Koh Samui. The service is comfortable and the staff are helpful with the luggage. The ferry from Donsak on the mainland to Koh samui takes only 45 minutes.
- The Lomprayah service departs from Phuket Town
This service leaves from the Lomprayah ticket office on the Chao Fah Tawan Tok Road near the centre of Phuket Town, the cost of the transfer to the ferry pier to start the journey is included in the price.
- Location of the Lomprayah Bus Stop in Phuket Town
Option 3: Seatran Discovery from Phuket to Koh Samui
- Please note: Seatran Discovery has temporarily suspended its services.
This service follows the same route as the Phantip Travel Service which three differences. 1. It is 45 minutes quicker. 2. The quality of the bus and ferry is better. The Seatran Discovery Company has its own fleet of fairly fast ferries whilst passengers on the Phantip Travel service travel on the Raja Car Ferry. 3. The Seatran Discovery Service is 100 THB more expensive than the Phantip Travel service.
- Phantip Travel departs from Phuket Bus Terminal 2
Phuket Bus Terminal 2 is located to the North of Phuket Town.
Arrival in Koh Samui
Each service arrives at a different place on Koh Samui.
Option 1: Pantip Travel from Phuket to Koh Samui
The bus goes to Koh Samui bus station in Na Thon town. However, many passengers opt to take their bags off the bus when they arrive at ferry pier. At the ferry pier there will be many taxis and songthaew waiting to take you to any destination in Koh Samui.
- Location of Koh Samui Bus Station
Option 2: Lomprayah Company from Phuket to Koh Samui
Arrives at Nathon Pier in the centre of Na Thon Town. The Lomprayah Company will transfer you by minivan to any point on Koh Samui for 150 THB per person. Book the transfer when you check in. Alternatively shared songthaew taxis available at the car park in front of the pier can be slightly cheaper than a pre-booked transfer if other people share the car, however, bear in mind the shared songthaew taxi take a set route and you may need to walk from your drop-off point to your hotel or resort.
- Location of Na Thon Lomprayah Pier in Koh Samui
Option 3: Seatran Discovery
Arrives at Bangrak Seatran Pier on the North Coast of Koh Samui. This is the closest ferry pier to the resort towns of Bophut and Chaweng. The Seatran Discovery Company also provides a fixed price minivan transfer service for 150 THB per person to any destination in Koh Samui which you can book also book when you are on the ferry.
- Location of Bangrak Seatran Pier in Koh Samui