There are three public transport options to get from Udon Thani to Bangkok. 1. You can fly. 2. You can go by train. 3. Or you could go by bus, which is the cheapest way to get from Udon Thani to Bangkok. Travel by bus is also quicker 1 to 3 hours quicker than travelling by train. Udon Thani’s bus station is in the city centre near Central Mall and the train station.
- Check ticket availability for bus services from Udon Thani to Bangkok.
Bus Times to Bangkok
These bus services all depart from the same bus station in Udon Thani and arrive at Bangkok’s Northern Bus terminal.
|11.00||19.30||Air Udon||434 THB||Express|
|20.45||06.45||Budsarakham Tour||515 THB||VIP|
|21.15||07.10||Air Udon||546 THB||VIP|
|22.00||06.30||Air Udon||434 THB||Express|
- The scheduled journey time of 8 hours 30 minutes to 10 hours is faster than any of the train services from Udon Thani to Bangkok.
Buy Tickets to Bangkok
Use the Search Box to find your tickets from Udon Thani to Bangkok.
Tickets are available for all forms of transport and we recommend that you search to compare ticket prices and travel times before deciding how to travel from Udon Thani to Bangkok.
- Bus tickets from Udon Thani to Bangkok.
- Train tickets from Udon Thani to Bangkok.
- Flights from Udon Thani to Bangkok.
Udon Thani Bus Station
Udon Thani Bus Station is located off the Pho Si Road, which the road going from the main highway (22) to Central Plaza shopping centre. If you are coming from the centre of the City the turning off the Pho Si Road is the one just before the Charoen Hotel.
- Travel Tip: There are lots of bus services from Udon Thani to Bangkok. We recommend using the service provided by the Budsarakham Tour Company. The buses are comfortable and reliable and even have free WiFi on the bus.
Udon Thani Bus Terminal 1
Arrival in Bangkok
Both these bus services arrive in Bangkok at Morchit Bus Station. This is a large modern bus station located to the North of City, near Chatuchak Park. For onward travel from Morchit Bus Station we recommend that you take a meter taxi to either Mo Chit BTS (skytrain) station or Chatuchak Park MRT (metro) station.
Take the metro if you want to go to Hua Lamphong railway station. On the meter a taxi from Morchit Bus to the nearest BTS and MRT station is less than 60 THB for the 6 minute journey. The walk from Morchit Bus Station to Mo Chit BTS station is 1.9 km (24 minutes) and 2.0 km to Chatuchak Park MRT station (25 minutes).