There are three ways to travel by public transport from Khon Kaen to Bangkok.
- By Air: Low cost airlines fly from Khon Kaen Airport to Bangkok.
- By Train: There are direct trains from Khon Kaen Train Station to Bangkok.
- By Road: There are direct bus services from Khon Kaen Bus Terminal 3 to Bangkok.
Unless you travel 3rd class on the train, the cheapest way to get from Khon Kaen to Bangkok is by bus.
Bus Times from Khon Kaen to Bangkok
There are currently 4 bus services a day from Khon Kaen to Bangkok available to book online.
Buy Tickets from Khon Kaen to Bangkok
Use the Search Form below to book bus and train tickets, as well as book flights from Khon Kaen to Bangkok:
The cheapest option is to travel by train in a 2nd or 3rd class fan seat. The quicker way to travel from Khon Kaen is to take a direct flight, however, flying is twice as expensive as taking a bus.
Trains from Khon Kaen to Bangkok
You can go by train from Khon Kaen to Bangkok which takes around 8 hours 50 minutes. Train travel in Thailand can be pleasant, but it can also be frustrating as trains are often delayed and slow even when running normally. Alternatively for a quicker or less comfortable journey you can go by bus which takes around 7 hours and is cheaper than second class train travel in an A/C carriage. On average you will arrive 3 or more hours earlier if you take a bus as opposed to a train.
Khon Kaen Bus Terminal 3
- Bus services from Khon Kaen to Bangkok depart from Khon Kaen Bus Terminal 3.
Location of the Bus Stop in Bangkok
- Bus services from Khon Kaen to Bangkok terminate at Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal.