The easiest way to travel from Koh Kood to Bangkok is to take a joint ferry and bus service direct to Bangkok.
The alternative is to do the journey in three stages. Stage 1 is by ferry from Nam Leuk Pier in Koh Kood to Laem Sok Pier on the mainland. Stage 2 of the journey is to travel by road from Laem Sok Pier to Trat. Stage 3 of the journey is by bus from Trat to Bangkok.
Ferry & Bus Times from Koh Kood to Bangkok
There are currently 3 services a day services from Koh Kood to Bangkok available to book online.
|Boonsiri High Speed Ferries
|Boonsiri High Speed Ferries
- The total journey time is from 9 hours to 10 minutes depending upon which service you take.
- The ticket price includes a transfer from your hotel in Koh Kood to the ferry pier to start your journey.
Buy Tickets from Koh Kood to Bangkok
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Koh Kood to Bangkok.
- Travel Tip: Print out your electronic booking voucher to present to the driver when they pick you up from hotel.
Koh Kood Ferry Pier
- Boonsiri ferry services from Koh Kood to Bangkok depart from Nam Leuk Pier on the west coast of Koh Kood.
Bangkok Bus Stop
- Boonsiri bus services from Koh Kood to Bangkok terminate on the Tani Road near to the Khao San Road in Bangkok.
Travel from the Tani Road in Bangkok
The Boonsiri High Speed Ferries service from Koh Kood terminate on the Tani Road, near to the Khao San Road.
Arrival in Bangkok
This part of Bangkok is not currently connected to either of Bangkok’s two rapid public transport systems: the BTS (overhead trains) or the MTR (metro system). Onward travel from the Thani Road to other destinations in Bangkok can be awkward because Bangkok taxi drivers operating in this area are notorious for charging relatively high prices and refusing to use their meter.
Public Transport in the Khao San Road Area
There are two options you can use to avoid paying over the top taxi fares to travel from the Tani Road to other parts of Bangkok.
- Option 1: If you stay overnight in Bangkok after travelling from Koh Kood you could use the Chao Phraya Express Boat serivce the following morning. The nearest Chao Phraya Express Boat pier to the Tani Road is Phra Arthit Pier on the Phra Arthit Road. Its a 700 metre walk from where you get dropped off on the Tani Road to get to the Phra Arthit Pier. If you take any Chao Phraya Express Boat heading south you can connect with the BTS system at Silom Pier which is very close to Saphan Taksin BTS station.
- Option 2: Your other alternative, and your only alternative if you want to travel onward after your arrival at 20:00, is to take a local bus or taxi to the nearest BTS station to the Tani Road, which is National Stadium BTS station (Siam Square), an easy 4.3 km journey which you stand a better chance to convince a taxi driver to do for a cheap price. From National Stadium BTS station you can travel by overhead train to most parts of the city and connect with the metro system as well as the Airport Link which goes to Suvarnabhumi International Airport, which the main airport in Bangkok.