There are two ways to travel from Ao Nang Beach to Krabi Airport:
- The public airport bus from Ao Nang Town
- By taxi
Option 1: Public Bus from Ao Nang Beach to Krabi Airport
The public airport bus departs from 4 bus stops in the Ao Nang Beach area. The easiest bus stop to locate is the one in front of the McDonalds restaurant in Ao Nang. The airport bus costs 150 THB per person one way and departs every hour from 06:00 to 20:00. The journey takes a tediously long 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Travel times for the public bus from Ao Nang to Krabi Airport
|Ao Nang||Airport||Ao Nang||Airport||Ao Nang||Airport|
- Journey Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Cost Per Person: 150 THB
- Public bus stop: Near McDonalds in Ao Nang
Option 2: Taxi from Ao Nang Beach to Krabi Airport
The other alternative is take a taxi direct from your hotel in Ao Nang to Krabi Airport. This is a lot quicker. The journey by taxi will take 35 to 40 minutes, compared to 90 minutes by bus. The cost of a taxi is not significantly more than the bus if you are travelling in a group. We recommend pre-booking your taxi online using the Search Box below.
The taxi service available online are provided by the Andaman Taxi Company and Kim Transfers Thailand, which both offer a professional service in modern cars and minivans.
- Taxi Services from Ao Nang to Krabi Airport
|Toyota Camry||Up to 3 people||650 THB||35 min|
|Minivan||Up to 9 people||900 THB||35 min|
Travel from Don Mueang Airport
If you are flying with Thai AirAsia, Thai Lion Air or Nok Air from Krabi to Bangkok, your point of arrival in Bangkok will be Don Mueang Airport. Don Mueang Airport is the to North of Bangkok City Centre and some distance from Suvarnabhumi International Airport, which is located to the East of Bangkok City Centre.
There are two options for travel from Don Mueang Airport into Central Bangkok:
- Taxi. Go to the official taxi station on the left hand side of Ground Floor of the airport and queue for a taxi. The cost will be around 200 THB to 250 THB on the meter, including toll charges which the passenger must pay, to most destinations in Central Bangkok.
- Shuttle Bus. There is a shuttle bus to Mo Chit BTS station. The BTS system, popularly known as the ‘skytrain’, is an elevated train network with stops covering many areas of Bangkok such as the Silom and Sukhumvit Road Areas. Shuttle Bus service A1 travels direct from Don Mueang Airport to Mo Chit BTS station every 12 minutes from 07.30 to 24.00. The journey takes around 30 minutes depending on the traffic and the cost per person is 30 THB. The shuttle bus departs from in front of the airport on the Ground Floor.
Travel from Suvarnabhumi International Airport
If you are flying with Thai Airways, Thai Smile or Bangkok Air from Krabi to Bangkok, your point of arrival in Bangkok will be Suvarnabhumi International Airport. There are two options for travel from Suvarnabhumi International Airport into Central Bangkok:
- Airport Railway Link: The Airport Railway Link station is in the basement of Airport. This is an excellent, quick and cheap way into Bangkok. Purchase a ticket to travel at the kiosk by the entrance gate. To connect with the Metro System (for travel to the Sukhumvit Road and Bangkok Train Station) purchase a ticket to Makkasan Link Station for 35 THB per person on way. To connect with the BTS system for travel to Siam Square and the Silom Area purchase a ticket to Phaya Thai Link station for 45 THB per person one way. The Airport Railway Link operates from 06:00 to 24:00 every day.
- Taxi: Always use the official public taxi station on the Ground Floor of Suvarnabhumi International Airport. You will need to queue but this is a regulated taxi service and we strongly advise against getting a taxi any other way as you will be overcharged. The fare will be metered with an Airport Surcharge and toll charges on top that the passenger must pay in addition to the amount shown on the meter. Expect to pay around 350 THB for the total cost of a meter taxi journey to most destinations in Central Bangkok.