There are three ways to travel from Bangkok to Cha-am: by bus, by minivan or by train. The quickest way to travel from Bangkok to Cha-am is by bus. It takes around 60 to 90 minutes longer to travel by train from Bangkok to Cha-am compared to travelling by minivan. Also there are only 2 trains a day from Bangkok to Cha-am, but plenty of bus and minivan services.
Buy Tickets from Bangkok to Cha-am
Use the Search Box below to book your tickets from Bangkok to Cha-am.
Tickets for minivan services on this route can be booked online. If you prefer to travel by train then you need to buy your ticket at the train station. Train tickets for short journeys, such as the one to Cha-am, are not available to book online.
Option 1: Travel by Minivan from Bangkok to Cha-am
Minivan services from Bangkok to Cha-am depart from Ekkamai Bus Station, which is on the Sukhumvit Road in Central Bangkok and accessible via the BTS.
- Journey Time: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Ticket Price: 219 THB
- Service Operator: Nor Neane Transport
- Minivan times from Bangkok to Cha-am:
- Location of Ekkamai Bus Station:
Option 2: Travel by Bus from Bangkok to Cha-am
Bus services from Bangkok to Cha-am depart from a bus stop on the Samsen Road near the Khao San Road in Bangkok.
- Journey Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Ticket Price: 450 THB
- Service Operator: Tara Tour and Travel
- Bus times from Bangkok to Cha-am:
- Location of the Tara Tour and Travel bus stop on the Samsen Road:
Option 3: Travel by Train from Bangkok to Cha-am
Trains from Bangkok to Cha-am depart from Bangkok’s main train station, Krung Thep Aphiwat Central Terminal Station, which is easily accessed by Bangkok’s metro system, the MRT.
- Journey Time: 3 hours 05 minutes to 3 hours 20 minutes
- Ticket Price: 90 THB to 403 THB
- Service Operator: Thai Railways
- Travel Times by Train from Bangkok to Cha-am:
- Location of Bangkok Krung Thep Aphiwat Central Terminal Station:
Arrival by minivan in Cha-am
Minivan services from Bangkok to Cha-am stop on the Phet Kasem Road in Cha-am before continuing their journey onward to Hua Hin. The Phet Kasem Road bus stop is 1.3 km walking distance from Cha-am beach. Unless you are staying close to where the minivan stops then we recommend that you take a motorbike taxi or 4 wheeled tuk-tuk to your final destination. Journeys within Cha-am tend to cost around 40 to 100 THB depending upon where you are going. Negotiate the price with the driver before you set off as fares for motorbike taxis and tuk-tuks are not fixed in Cha-am.