This is a journey that needs to be undertaken in 2 stages:
- Stage 1: Bangkok to Phnom Penh. The first stage is the bus from Bangkok to Phnom Penh, where you will arrive in the late afternoon or evening time and costs from 1,765 to 1,900 THB per person.
- Stage 2: Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City. One night needs to be spent in Phnom Penh before taking another bus for second stage of the journey from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City (also known as Saigon) the following morning. The second stage of the journey, from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City costs from 909 to 1,237 THB per person.
Travel from Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City for under $100 USD
The total price for both tickets booked online is 2,674 THB to 3,137 THB depending upon which travel services you use. The overland route is a great way to travel from Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City because you get to experience a night in Phnom Penh and take in some great scenery on the way.
- Travel Tip: Flying is quicker but not as much fun.
Stage 1: Bangkok to Phnom Penh
Stage 1 of the journey involves taking a bus journey from Bangkok to Phnom Penh in Cambodia.
Bus Times from Bangkok to Phnom Penh
There are currently 5 bus services a day from Bangkok to Phnom Penh available to book online.
|Virak Buntham Express||02:00||14:00||฿ 1,765|
|Virak Buntham Express||06:00||19:00||฿ 1,765|
|Virak Buntham Express||07:00||20:00||฿ 1,765|
|Virak Buntham Express||09:00||20:30||฿ 1,765|
|Travel Mart||13:00||05:30||฿ 1,900|
- The Virak Buntham Express bus departs from the Chao Fa Road.
- The Travel Mart bus departs from the Khao San Road.
Buy Tickets from Bangkok to Phnom Penh
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Bangkok to Phnom Penh.
Travel Mart Khao San Bus Stop
- In front of McDonalds on the Khao San Road, Khwaeng Talat Yot, Khet Phra Nakhon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200
Stage 2: Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City
Stage 2 of the journey involves taking a different bus from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City.
Bus times from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City
There are currently 11 bus services a day from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City available to book online.
|Company||Phnom Penh||Ho Chi Minh||Cost|
|Long Phuong Cambodia||06:30||13:30||฿ 909|
|Virak Buntham Express||07:00||14:00||฿ 1,231|
|Kumho Samco||07:30||13:30||฿ 1,237|
|Giant Ibis Transport||08:00||14:30||฿ 1,203|
|Long Phuong Cambodia||08:30||15:30||฿ 909|
|Kumho Samco||09:30||15:30||฿ 1,044|
|Long Phuong Cambodia||11:00||18:00||฿ 909|
|Virak Buntham Express||11:00||18:00||฿ 1,231|
|Kumho Samco||13:00||19:00||฿ 1,237|
|Virak Buntham Express||15:00||22:00||฿ 1,191|
|Long Phuong Cambodia||15:30||22:30||฿ 909|
This second part of the journey takes only 6 hours to 7 hours, which is around half the time it takes to travel by bus from Bangkok to Phnom Penh.
Giant Ibis Bus Station in Phnom Penh
- Preah Moha Ksatreiyani Kossamak Ave (106), Phnom Penh
Giant Ibis Bus Station in Ho Chi Minh City
- 237 Phạm Ngũ Lão, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh