To travel from Bangkok to Koh Lanta you can either:
- Fly to Krabi and then travel from Krabi to Koh Lanta by bus, which takes a further 2 to 3 hours.
- Or you can take a direct bus and ferry service from Bangkok to Koh Lanta. Travel by bus and ferry from Bangkok to Koh Lanta takes from 14 hours to 18 hours 30 minutes depending upon which bus company you travel with.
Travel Times to Koh Lanta
There are two departures a day from Bangkok to Koh Lanta to choose from.
|18:30||12:00||12:00 THB||Transport Co.|
|19:00||13:30||1,250 THB||Paradive Travel|
- The fastest service from Bangkok to Koh Lanta is the 18:30 departure with the Transport Co. (a Thai Government owned company) which completes the journey in 17 hours 30.
- The slowest, and cheapest, service from Bangkok to Koh Lanta is 19:00 departure with Paradive Travel. The journey with Paradive Travel takes 18 hours 30 minutes.
Buy Tickets to Koh Lanta
Use the Search Box below to buy your combined bus and ferry tickets from Bangkok to Koh Lanta.
Instant ticket confirmation is provided for all services from Bangkok to Koh Lanta. After booking you will be an electronic booking voucher which you need to print out and bring with you when you check in for your journey.
About Travel to Koh Lanta
The two companies providing joint bus and ferry services from Bangkok to Koh Lanta depart from different places, arrive at different points in Koh Lanta, and use different forms of transport.
- Transport Co.:
- Route: This service travels direct from Bangkok to Krabi Bus Terminal. Passengers transfer to a minivan service in Krabi for the last part of the journey.
- Departure Point: Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal.
- Arrival Point: Hotel drop off.
- Paradive Travel:
- Route: This service starts with a bus journey to Surat Thani. Once in Surat Thani passengers change to a different bus for the journey across to Krabi. The third and final stage of the journey is by ferry from Krabi to Koh Lanta Yai, the main island in Koh Lanta.
- Departure Point: Bangkok Train Station.
- Arrival Point: Saladan Pier in Koh Lanta.
Transport Co. Bus Stop
Transport Co. services to Koh Lanta depart from Morchit Bus Station, which is Bangkok’s Northern Bus Terminal.
Paradive Travel Bus Stop
Paradive Travel services to Koh Lanta depart from outside the front entrance to Hua Lamphong Railway Station, which is the main train station in Bangkok.
Location of Saladan Pier
The Paradive Travel service from Bangkok terminates at Saladan Pier in Koh Lanta.