There are three options to get from Bangkok to Krabi:
- Option 1: Fly to Krabi from Bangkok’s Don Mueang’s airport.
- Option 2: Take the train to Surat Thani and then a bus from Surat Thani to Krabi.
- Option 3: Take a direct bus from Bangkok to Krabi.
Cheapest Way to travel from Bangkok to Krabi
The cheapest way to travel from Bangkok to Krabi is by bus. There are several different bus services from Bangkok to Krabi all of which arrive at Krabi Bus Terminal, near Krabi Town.
Bus Times from Bangkok to Krabi
There are currently 5 bus services a day from Bangkok to Krabi available to book online.
|17:45||07:22||Express||739 THB||Transport Co|
|18:50||05:50||VIP 24||1,140 THB||Lignite|
|19:00||10:00||Tour Bus||915 THB||Montanatip|
- Lignite bus services depart from Sai Tai Mai Bus Station which is also known as Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal. See below for information about how to get to the Southern Bus Terminal in Bangkok.
- Transport Co bus services depart from Morchit Bus Station which is also known as Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal.
- Montanatip services depart from Thanon Thani near the Khao San Road.
Buy Tickets from Bangkok to Krabi
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Bangkok to Krabi.
Lignite Bus Company from Bangkok to Krabi
The Lignite Bus Company specialises in the Bangkok to Krabi and Bangkok to Phang Nga. The quality of the service on Lignite bus routes depends very much upon which service you use. The Standard service is cheap but slightly uncomfortable for such a long journey. Frequent travellers on this route tend to opt to pay the extra and use the VIP 24 service which has more comfortable seats, a meal provided at a roadside restaurant and a TV on the back of the seat. On the Standard service you get a small snack, a seat and of course you get from Bangkok to Krabi just as quickly as if you took the more VIP 24 service.
- Standard Express Service: Toilet, snack, A/C
- VIP 24 Service: Toilet, snack, tea & coffee, meal, seat back TV, single and double seats available, A/C
Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
Sai Tai Mai (Bangkok’s Southern Bus Terminal) is located on the Thonburi side of the river. It is difficult to get there by public transport. We advise taking a meter taxi either all the way, or from Bang Wa BTS station, which the closest BTS (Skytrain) station to the Southern Bus Terminal.
The taxi journey from Bang Wa BTS station to the Southern Bus Terminal should take 17 minutes, unless there is heavy traffic. It is busiest on the roads of Bangkok when people are commuting between 06.00 and 09.00 and then between again between 16:00 and 19:00.
Location of Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
Travel from Krabi Bus Station
Bus passengers disembark at Krabi Bus Terminal, which is about 3 km away from Krabi town. There are songthaews (converted pick up trucks) which run from from the bus station frequently during the day and less often at night. For Ao Nang and Nopparat Thara beach take a white shared taxi. The journey costs about 100 THB and takes 20 minutes. To get into Krabi town it is not expensive in a taxi and even cheaper on the back of a motorbike taxi.
Location of Krabi Bus Station