Since February 2013 the Thai Government has been running a direct bus service from Bangkok to Siem Reap, the town nearest to the world famous Angkor Wat temple complex.
- Direct Service: Now there is no need to change buses, take boats and tuk-tuks, or endure a whole range of other discomforts that used to be a feature of the overland journey to Siem Reap.
- Early Arrival: You board, drive to the border, get your visa, then it is back on the bus for an early evening arrival in Siem Reap.
- Easy: Cheap, efficient and safe.
Government Bus to Siem Reap
The is one departure a day, everyday, on the Government bus from Bangkok’s Northern Bus Terminal to Siem Reap, near to Angkhor Wat. Tickets cost 920 THB one way booked online. The times of the Government bus services are:
- Departure: 07:30 Arrival: 15:00
Bus Times to Siem Reap
There are also other bus services available departing from the Khao San Road area and regular flights from Bangkok to Siem Reap Airport.
|00:45||10:30||945 THB||Travel Mart|
|01:00||11:00||937 THB||Virak Buntham Express|
|07:30||15:00||920 THB||Transport Co|
|07:45||16:15||1,010 THB||Giant ibis Transport|
|08:30||18:15||720 THB||Travel Mart|
|09:00||19:00||694 THB||Virak Buntham Express|
- Travel Mart and Giant Ibis Transport services all depart from locations near to the Khao San Road in Central Bangkok.
- Transport Co services (owned by the Thai Government) departs from the Northern Bus Terminal, also known as Morchit Bus Station.
- All services travel direct to the centre of Siem Reap town.
Buy Tickets to Siem Reap
To book your seat use the Search Box below. Tickets for other bus services and flights are also available.
Enter your travel dates and click to Find Tickets to compare ticket prices and travel times for the different types of transport from Bangkok to Siem Reap and choose the travel company which best suits your needs. To guarantee your seat book online in advance.
Bus from Morchit Bus Station
The Government bus service to Siem Reap depart from Morchit Bus Station in North of Bangkok, near to Chatuchak Park, an area also home to the famous Chatuchak weekend market.
To get to Morchit Bus Station you can go as far as Mo Chit BTS (skytrain) station or Chatuchak MRT (metro) station and from there it is a very short taxi ride to Morchit Bus Station which should cost no more than 60 THB in a meter taxi.
Location of Morchit Bus Station
Visas for Cambodia
There are two ways to get a Visa for Cambodia: you can get a visa at the border, or you can apply for one in advance. Both options cost roughly the same. The only advantage of getting a visa in advance is that you can save yourself the bother of organising a visa when you stop at the border.
- Visa on Arrival: Buy a ‘visa on arrival’ when you arrive at the border. The bus service stops at a travel agency where you can get the visa for the standard fee of $30 USD plus an administration charge of around 200 THB. You need one passport sized photograph.
- Visa in Advance: You can also get a visa in advance online at the official web-site of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Kingdom of Cambodia. This e-visa costs $30 USD plus a $7 USD fee for processing the application.