Rather than flying, a cheaper and more interesting way to travel from Bangkok to Siem Reap is by bus. The journey takes from 7 to 9 hours dpending upon which bus service you take.
Bus Times from Bangkok to Siem Reap
There are currently 5 direct bus services a day from Bangkok to Siem Reap available to book online.
|01:30||10:30||1,450 THB||Travel Mart|
|07:45||16:15||1,491 THB||Giant ibis Transport|
|08:00||17:00||1,250 THB||Travel Mart|
|10:30||18:00||1,300 THB||Travel Mart|
|13:00||20:30||1,300 THB||Travel Mart|
- Travel Mart and Giant Ibis Transport services all depart from locations near to the Khao San Road in Central Bangkok.
- Transport Co services (owned by the Thai Government) departs from the Northern Bus Terminal, also known as Morchit Bus Station.
- All services travel direct to the centre of Siem Reap town.
Buy Tickets from Bangkok to Siem Reap
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Bangkok to Siem Reap. Tickets for flights are also available.
Tickets for flights are also available.
Location of Bangkok Morchit Bus Station
Travel to Morchit Bus Station
The Government bus service to Siem Reap depart from Morchit Bus Station in North of Bangkok, near to Chatuchak Park, an area also home to the famous Chatuchak weekend market.
To get to Morchit Bus Station you can go as far as Mo Chit BTS (skytrain) station or Chatuchak MRT (metro) station and from there it is a very short taxi ride to Morchit Bus Station which should cost no more than 60 THB in a meter taxi.Visas for Cambodia
There are two ways to get a Visa for Cambodia: you can get a visa at the border, or you can apply for one in advance. Both options cost roughly the same. The only advantage of getting a visa in advance is that you can save yourself the bother of organising a visa when you stop at the border.
- Visa on Arrival: Buy a ‘visa on arrival’ when you arrive at the border. The bus service stops at a travel agency where you can get the visa for the standard fee of $30 USD plus an administration charge of around 200 THB. You need one passport sized photograph.
- Visa in Advance: You can also get a visa in advance online at the official web-site of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Kingdom of Cambodia. This e-visa costs $30 USD plus a $7 USD fee for processing the application.