There is no train station in Sukhothai, however, there is a train station at Phitsanulok and from there it is a 1 hour bus ride to Sukhothai town.
- Train and Bus: By using a combination of train and bus to get from Bangkok to Sukhothai you avoid an uncomfortable 6 to 7 hour bus or minivan journey from Bangkok, as well as the inconvenience of travelling up to Morchit Bus Station in Northern Bangkok to catch a bus or minivan.
Stage 1: Train to Phitsanulok
The first part of the journey involves travelling by train from Bangkok. Trains to Phitsanulok depart from Bangkok’s main train station. This section of the journey takes 5 to 7 hours by train travelling through the vast flat expense of Thailand’s flat central region about half the distance from Bangkok to Chiang Mai.
Buy Train Tickets to Phitsanulok
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets to Phitsanulok for travel to Sukhothai.
Train Times from Bangkok to Phitsanulok
Train Ticket Price from Bangkok to Phitsanulok
- 2nd Class Fan sleeper – 669 to 709 THB
- 2nd Class A/C seat – 729 THB
- 2nd Class A/C sleeper – 889 to 1,139 THB
- 1st Class A/C sleeper – 1,464 THB
Stage 2: Bus to Sukhothai
Leave the train at Phitsanulok Train Station. For onward travel from Phitsanulok Train Station you need to get to Phitsanulok Bus Station 1 (which is about 2 km away from the railway station to the East) to get a bus to Sukhothai. The easiest way to do this journey from the train station to the bus station is to take one of tuk-tuks waiting outside Phitsanulok railway station. Expect to pay 60 THB and for the journey to take no more than 10 minutes.
Once at Phitsanulok bus station approach the ticket counter which has sign for Sukhothai. Staff working at the bus station will be able to direct you if simply tell them the name of your destination (ie “Sukhothai”). Buy your ticket on arrival at the bus station before you board the bus to Sukhothai. No advance booking is available for the short bus journey from Phitsanulok to Sukhothai.
Bus Times from Phitsanulok to Sukhothai
- Every hour from 5.30 am and 18.00
Bus Tickets Phitsanulok to Sukhothai
- The bus ticket costs 43 THB person
Route from Phitsanulok Train Station to Phitsanulok Bus Station 1
- Walking distance from the Train Station to the Bus Station: 2.1 kilometres
- Walking time: 27 minutes