There are three ways to travel from Hat Yai to Koh Phangan:
- Train, bus and ferry: This is three stage journey. First stage is take a train from Hat Yai to Surat Thani. The second stage is then to take a bus from Surat Thani train station to one of the ferry ports in Donsak. The final stage of the journey is to take a ferry from Donsak to Koh Phangan.
- Minivan, bus and ferry: This route involves taking a minivan from Hat Yai bus station to Surat Thani town, from Surat Thani town taking a bus to Donsak, and from Donsak taking a ferry to complete your journey to Koh Phangan.
- Minivan and ferry: Phantip Travel operates a direct service. This is a two stage journey: first, you take a minivan to Donsak Seatran Ferry Port and then you take a ferry to Koh Phangan.
Bus Times from Hat Yai to Koh Phangan
There is currently 1 direct service a day from Hat Yai to Koh Phangan available to book online.
|Hat Yai||Koh Phangan||Ticket||Company|
|08:30||17:00||680 THB||Phantip Travel|
Buy Tickets from Hat Yai to Koh Phangan
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Hat Yai to Koh Phangan.
- Secure online payment by PayPal, debit or credit card.
- Instant ticket confirmation and electronic voucher sent by e-mail.
About the Journey from Hat Yai to Koh Phangan
The first part of the journey with Phantip Travel to Koh Phangan is by minivan from Hat Yai to Donsak Seatran Ferry Port.
Bus to the Ferry Port
This is a journey of 311 km which takes around 4 hours 23 minutes to 4 hours 57 minutes depending on the exact route the minivan takes. The precise route varies from day to day as the minivan driver avoids road works and other delays to seek out the quickest route from Hat Yai to Donsak Seatran Ferry Port. The minivan will usually stop once on route for around 20 minutes at a roadside service station to allow passengers to leave the minivan to visit the toilet and buy food and drinks at the shop or restaurant at the service station.
The second stage of the journey is by car ferry from Donsak to Koh Phangan Ferry Port. The minivan part of this journey is scheduled to arrive in time for passengers to connect with the 14:30 ferry departure to Koh Phangan.
Ferry to Koh Phangan
The sailing time by car ferry from Donsak to Koh Phangan is 2 hours 30 minutes which means that passengers arrive in Koh Phangan at 17:00. The Seatran Car Ferry is a basic low cost ferry service with comfortable seating indoors, a small shop and outside areas with seating.
Hat Yai Bus Stop
- Departure Point: Phantip Travel services from Hat Yai to Koh Phangan depart from Hat Yai Bus Station, 73 Chotevittayakul Road, Tambon Hat Yai, Hat Yai District, Songkhla 90110.
Arrival in Koh Phangan
The car ferry from Donsak terminates at Koh Phangan Ferry Port, which is in the main town of Thong Sala. The only public transport from Koh Phangan Ferry Port is by shared songtheaw taxi.
Shared Taxis in Koh Phangan
On arrival at the ferry port you will be approached by people selling rides in shared taxis. Be aware that the prices for shared taxis are generally fixed and you will not get a cheaper deal by ignoring these taxi sales people and trying to find a shared taxi in the car park by the ferry terminal by yourself. The prices of shared taxi services vary according to the destination:
- Haad Rin: 200 THB per person
- Haad Yao and Haad Salad: 300 THB person
- Thong Nai Pan: 300 THB per person
There are no meter taxis in Koh Phangan. If you do not want to take a shared taxi then your alternatives are to take a motorbike taxi or to hire out a whole car.
Other Taxis in Koh Phangan
For both motorbike taxis and the hire of a whole car there are no fixed prices and you need to negotiate a price. Motorbike taxis charge around 100 THB more for a journey than a shared taxi, and expect to pay over a 1,000 THB to hire a whole car for any journey from Koh Phangan Ferry Port.
Koh Phangan Ferry Port
- Direct services from Hat Yai to Koh Phangan terminate at Thong Sala Pier.