There are three ways to travel from Hat Yai to Koh Phi Phi:
- Via Koh Lanta: This is three stage journey. First take a bus to Trang. Next take a joint minivan and car ferry service from Trang to Koh Lanta. The finally stage of this route from Hat Yai to Koh Phi Phi is by ferry. Chaokoh Travel operates two daily ferries from Koh Lanta to Koh Phi Phi at 08.00 and 13.00.
- Via Koh Jum: This route involves taking a minivan or bus to Krabi, then a local bus or taxi to Laem Kruat Pier. From Laem Kruat Pier take a longtail boat over to Koh Jum. Longtail services departs frequently from 11.00 to 18.00 in good weather and cost 70 THB for the journey from Laem Kruat Pier to Koh Jum. From Koh Jum there is a daily ferry to Koh Phi Phi at 08.30 arriving in Koh Phi Phi at 11.00.
- Direct: Jolly Travel operates a direct service from Hat Yai to Koh Phi Phi via a ferry pier in Krabi. This is the quickest and easiest way to travel which takes only 7 hours, compared to a journey of a day and a half if you travel via Koh Lanta or Koh Jum.
Travel Times to Koh Phi Phi
- There is a single direct service per day from Hat Yai to Koh Phi:
|Hat Yai||Koh Phi Phi||Ticket||Company|
|08.30||15.30||950 THB||Jolly Travel|
- The Jolly Travel service departs from a location near to Hat Yai train station.
Buy Tickets to Koh Phi Phi
Use the Search Box below to find tickets for the direct service from Hat Yai to Koh Phi Phi.
- Pay online debit or credit card or through PayPal.
- Electronic ticket voucher sent by e-mail.
About the Journey
The first part of the journey is by minivan to Krabi Town. The total driving time is around 3 hours 44 minutes to 4 hours 03 minutes depending on the route taken covering a distance of around 275 km. The minivan will stop once on route for a short 10 to 15 minutes comfort break at a roadside service station for passengers to leave the minivan and use the toilet.
The next stage of the journey is by another minivan from Krabi Town to the nearby Klong Jilard Pier. The third and final stage of the journey is by ferry from Klong Jilard Pier to Koh Phi Phi. The direct service aims to take passengers from Hat Yai to connect with the 13.30 ferry to Koh Phi Phi which arrives on the island around 15.15 slightly ahead of the schedule given by the Jolly Travel Company.
Hat Yai Bus Stop
The Jolly Travel service from Hat Yai to Koh Phi Phi departs from the roadside in front of the Red Planet Hotel in Hat Yai, which is located not far from from Hat Yai train station in the centre of the most popular part of Hat Yai city. Passengers for the Hat Yai to Koh Phi Phi need to check in 30 minutes before departure at the Red Planet office on the ground floor of the Red Hotel Planet.
Location of Bus Stop
- Address: Roadside in front of the Red Planet Hotel, 152-156 Niphat Uthit 2 Road, Hat Yai District, Songkhla 90110, Thailand
Koh Phi Phi ferry pier
- Direct services from Hat Yai to Koh Phi Phi terminate at Ao Tonsai Pier in Koh Phi Phi.