There are three ways to travel from Hat Yai to Phuket.
- Bus: Direct bus services from Hat Yai to Phuket depart throughout the day. This is the cheapest way to travel from Hat Yai to Phuket.
- Fly: The quickest, but also the most expensive, way to travel from Hat Yai to Phuket. The scheduled flight time is 1 hour 05 minutes.
- By train and bus: Hat Yai is on Thailand’s Southern Train Line, which travels along the East coast of Thailand and does not go direct to Phuket. You can, however, travel to Surat Thani and then take a bus or minivan across to Phuket as well other destinations on the Andaman Coast.
Bus Times from Hat Yai to Phuket
There are currently 3 direct bus services a day from Hat Yai to Phuket available to book online.
|08:00||15:00||456 THB||Sri Trang|
|13:00||20:00||456 THB||Sri Trang|
|18:00||01:00||456 THB||Sri Trang|
|21:30||04:30||456 THB||Sri Trang|
- The scheuled journey time from Hat Yai to Trang by bus is 7 hours 00 minutes.
Buy Tickets from Hat Yai to Phuket
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Hat Yai to Phuket.
The bus services listed above are all available to book online through the Search Box above, as well as direct flights from Hat Yai to Phuket operated by Bangkok Air.
Train travel from Hat Yai to Phuket
There are currently 4 trains a day from Hat Yai to Surat Thani departing at 14:31, 15:50, 17:45 and 18:15. The journey by train from Hat Yai to Surat Thani takes from 4 to 5 hours depending upon which train you take. From Surat Thani there are bus and minivan services from Phuket departing throughout the day from the bus and minivan station on the Talad Mai Road in Surat Thani City Centre, 14.5 km from Surat Thani Railway Station, as well from outside the train station. The journey by road from Surat Thani to Phuket takes around 4 hours.
Hat Yai Bus Station
Bus services to Phuket depart from Hat Yai Bus Station which is slightly less than 3 km from the popular town centre area of Hat Yai near to the train station. To reach Hat Yai bus station take a local taxi or motorbike taxi. there are always plenty of both waiting for business in the car park near to Hat Yai Train Station and on the main road (the Thumnoonvithi Road) leading to the train station. Expect to pay 40 to 60 THB for the journey from the area near to the train station to Hat Yai Bus Station to catch a bus to Phuket.
Location of Hat Yai Bus Station
- Address: 73, Chotevittayakul Road, Tambon Hat Yai, Amphoe Hat Yai, Songkhla, 90110
About Travel to Phuket
Bus services from Hat Yai cross from the Thai mainland to Phuket Island via the Sarasin Bridge which is at the northern tip of Phuket. Bus services from Hat Yai terminate at Phuket Bus Terminal 2.
You can catch taxis and minivans direct from Phuket Bus Terminal 2 to other destinations in Phuket such as Patong Beach and Kata Beach, but for the cheapest fares you need to travel 4.8 km from Phuket Bus Terminal 2 to Phuket Bus Terminal 1. Phuket Bus Terminal 1 is on the Phang Nga Road in Phuket Town and is the best place to catch public minivan services to destinations across Phuket. The cheapest way to travel from Bus Terminal 2 to Bus Terminal 1 is to take one of the purple coloured shared songthaew taxis which normally depart from bay 12 of Phuket Bus Terminal 2 and then travel direct to Phuket Bus Terminal 1. The fare is 15 THB per person in the purple songthaew taxis.
Phuket Bus Station
- Phuket Bus Terminal 2 which is located on the Thepkrasattri Road which runs North from Phuket Town.