There are three ways to travel from Hat Yai to Singapore:
- Bus and Minivan: You can travel direct by road from Hat Yai to Singapore.
- Flights: There are one or two flights a day from Hat Yai to Singapore depending on the time of year. Flying time is 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Trains: There are no direct train services from Hat Yai to Singapore, but you can do the journey by train by taking several shorter connecting train services.
Bus Times to Singapore
There are 3 direct minivan services a day from Hat Yai to Singapore which you can book online using the Search Box below.
|12.30||07.00||1,045 THB||Archipelago Travel|
|13.30||07.30||1,450 THB||Satun Pakbara SPC|
|18.00||12.00||1,450 THB||Satun Pakbara SPC|
- The journey takes 17 to 17 hours 30 minutes hours including stopping time for comfort breaks and border controls into Malaysia and Singapore.
- Singapore Time is 1 hour ahead of Thailand time.
Buy Tickets to Singapore
Use the Search Box below to book your tickets from Hat Yai to Singapore:
Only the direct minivan services are available to book online the Search Box above using the ‘Hat Yai to Singapore’ search. By changing the Search Terms you can book tickets for sections of the journey, such as travel from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore.
Satun Pakbara SPC Bus Stop
- Satun SPC minivan services to Singapore depart from the Hat Yai Variety Tour company office on 32, Prachathipat Road in Hat Yai City Centre.
Archipelago Travel Bus Stop
- Archipelago Travel bus services to Singapore depart from 5 Chee Uthit Rd, Tambon Hat Yai, Amphoe Hat Yai, Chang Wat Songkhla 90110.
Singapore Bus Stop
- All services from Hat Yai terminate roadside in front of the Golden Mile Tower in Singapore.
Travel by Train to Singapore
The only direct train service from Thailand to Singapore is the Eastern & Oriental Express, which is great but is very expensive and doesn’t pick up passengers in Hat Yai. It is still possible to travel from Hat Yai to Singapore by train but you need to travel in 5 stages.
- Stage 1 (Hat Yai to Penang): There are frequent departures from Hat Yai to Butterworth Railway station on Malaysian trains services as well as on a single Thai train: Train #45. Many people, however, choose to simply take a minivan from Hat Yai to Penang because its much quicker.
- Stage 2 (Penang to Kuala Lumpur): There are 5 direct trains a day from Penang to Kuala Lumpur. The journey takes between 4 hours 5 minutes and 4 hours 22 minutes depending on the train you take.
- Stage 3 (Kuala Lumpur to Gemas): Malaysia’s Eastern Train Line terminates at Gemas and you need to change trains to continue South. There 3 direct trains a day from Kuala Lumpur to Gemas and the journey time is slightly over 2 hours.
- Stage 4 (Gemas to Johor Bharu): There are 4 direct train services a day from Gemas to Johor Bharu. The scheduled journey, depending on the train you travel on, is between 4 hours 10 minutes and 4 hours 46 minutes.
- Stage 5 (Johor Bharu to Singapore): There are 14 shuttle services a day to Singapore. This is 5 minute journey departing from Johor Bharu Sentral Station in Malaysia and arriving at Woodlands Train Checkpoint in Singapore.
Woodlands Train Checkpoint
Trains from Malaysia terminate at Woodlands Train Checkpoint in Singapore.