The only way to travel direct from Hat Yai to Trang is road.
- Plane vs Bus: If you want to fly from Hat Yai to Trang you need to take a connecting flight from Hat Yai to Bangkok and then take a flight from Bangkok to Trang, which is pretty pointless as the flying time would end up being longer than it would take travelling in from Hat Yai to Trang in a bus.
- Train vs Bus: The other alternative is to take a train from Hat Yai to Thung Song Junction and then change trains to reach Trang, which is located on a branch line off the main Southern Line in Thailand. However, if you did decide to take this option bear in mind that the journey by train would take twice as long as by bus and you would need to spend a night at Thung Song Junction in order to arrive in time for either of the two daily trains from Thung Song Junction to Trang.
Bus Times from Hat Yai to Trang
There are 7 direct bus services a day from Hat Yai to Trang which you can book online.
|08:00||10:15||259 THB||Sri Trang|
|09:30||11:45||259 THB||Sri Trang|
|10:30||12:45||259 THB||Sri Trang|
|11:45||14:00||259 THB||Sri Trang|
|13:00||15:15||259 THB||Sri Trang|
|18:00||20:15||259 THB||Sri Trang|
|21:30||23:45||259 THB||Sri Trang|
- The journey time from Hat Yai to Trang by bus is 2 hours 15 minutes.
Buy Tickets from Hat Yai to Trang
Use the Search Box below to book your tickets from Hat Yai to Trang.
The big advantage of booking your ticket in advance is that you can confirm your departure time in advance saving you waiting in the bus station for the next available seat on a train and to ensure that you are time for any connecting bus services.
Hat Yai Bus Station
Hat Yai Bus Station is 2.9 km from Hat Yai train station which is in the centre of the busiest part of Hat Yai and close to most of the popular hotels in the city. To reach Hat Yai bus station from the city centre take either a motorbike taxi or one of the small blue taxi vans. The journey from the area close to Hat Yai train station to Hat Yai bus station should cost between 40 and 60 THB depending upon how good your negotiating skills are. Hat Yai bus station is a large bus station with plenty of shops and other facilities both in and near to the station.
Location of Hat Yai Bus Station
- Address: 73, Chotevittayakul Road, Tambon Hat Yai, Amphoe Hat Yai, Songkhla, 90110
Arrival in Trang
Bus services from Hat Yai terminate at the Sri Trang Bus Station which is 1.1 km away from the main bus terminal in Trang and 2.3 km away from Trang Train Station.
Trang is a major transport hub with an airport, train station and intercity bus station and it is possible to travel direct from Trang to destinations across Southern Thailand, the North of Malayasia and to Bangkok. Direct services to popular destinations such as Koh Lanta, Koh Muk, Koh Ngai and Koh Kradang depart from both the main bus terminal and Trang Station. Use the Search Box above to find tickets.
Trang Sri Trang Bus Station
- Address: Thap Thiang, Mueang Trang District, Trang 92000