There are two ways to travel by public transport from Hua Hin to Kanchanaburi:
The journey by minivan takes 4 hours. Travel by train is slower and you need to change trains to connect with twice daily train services to Kanchanaburi. Depending on your connection times, the journey by train from Hua Hin to Kanchanaburi takes at least 6 hours and probably longer.
Minivan Times from Hua Hin to Kanchanaburi
There are currently 7 direct minivan services a day from Hua Hin to Kanchanaburi operated by the J.K.P Travel Company.
|Hua Hin Town||Kanchanaburi|
- Minivans depart from the Market Village Hua Hin shopping complex in Hua Hin.
- The online ticket price is 270 THB.
Buy Tickets from Hua Hin to Kanchanaburi
Use the Search Box below to buy tickets from Hua Hin to Kanchanburi.
Train Times from Hua Hin to Kanchanaburi
There are 10 trains a day from Hua Hin to Bangkok, all of which stop at Sala Ya before reaching Bangkok. From Sala Ya there are two trains per day to Kanchanaburi.
|Hua Hin||Sala Ya||Sala Ya||Kanchanaburi|
- Train tickets from Hua Hin to Sala Ya from cost 89 THB to 496 THB if purchased at the train station. Ticket prices vary depending on the train service you take and the type of seat you book.
- Train tickets from Sala Ya to Kanchanaburi are free for Thai Citizens and 100 THB for everyone else.
Minivan stop in Hua Hin
Minivan services from Hua Hin to Kanchanaburi depart from Market Village Hua Hin, located off the Phetchkasem Road.
The Phet Kasem Road is the main road running through Hua Hin. Market Village Hua Hin is 2.1 km to the South of Hua Hin’s famous Night Market on a side road off the Phetchasem Road.
Hua Hin Market Village Bus Stop
Hua Hin Train Station
Hua Hin Train Station is fairly close to the centre of Hua Hin. If you are staying near to the famous Night Market then you can probably walk from your hotel to the train station.
- Night Market to Hua Hin Train Station: 550 metres
- Hilton Hua Hin Spa & Resort to Hua Hin Train Station: 800 metres
- Hua Hin Market Village to Hua Hin Train Station: 1.9 km
Location of Hua Hin Train Station
Arrival By Minivan in Kanchanaburi
Minivans from Hua Hin to Kanchanaburi terminate at Kanchanaburi Bus Station. The bus station is located on the U-Thong Road, which is street leading off the Sangchuto Road. The Sangchuto Road is the major road running through Kanchanaburi past Kanchanaburi Train Station. It is slightly too far to walk from Kanchanaburi Bus Station to the areas of Kanchanaburi of most interest to visitors.
- Kanchanaburi Bus Station to Kanchanaburi Train Station: 2.0 km
- Kanchanaburi Bus Station to the Bridge over the River Kwai: 4.9 km
- Kanchanaburi Bus Station to the Good Times Resort: 3.4 km
Kanchanaburi Bus Station
Arrival By Train in Kanchanaburi
Most rail passengers to Kanchanaburi choose to leave the train at the main Kanchanaburi Train Station although you can choose to carry and alight at the Kanchanaburi River Kwai Bridge Station:
- Kanchanaburi Train Station to Chung Kai War Cemetery: 350 metres
- Kanchanaburi Train Station to the Bridge over the River Kwai: 3.3 km
- Kanchanaburi Train Station to the Tamarind Guest House: 900 metres
Kanchanaburi Train Station