The easiest and fastest way to travel from Hua Hin to Koh Phangan is to take the joint bus and ferry service operated by the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company:
- Luxury bus from Hua Hin to a ferry pier near Chumphon.
- High speed catamaran ferry or speed boat to Koh Phangan.
Direct services from Hua Hin to Koh Phangan depart from the Lomprayah Office on the Kanjanomai Alley in Hua Hin Town centre.
Bus Times from Hua Hin to Koh Phangan
There are currently 2 services a day from Hua Hin to Koh Phangan from Hua Hin to Koh Phangan available to book online.
- Child fares are available online for the service operted by the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company for passengers aged between 2 and 12.
Buy Tickets from Hua Hin to Koh Phangan
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Hua Hin to Koh Phangan.
Enter your travel dates and click to Find Tickets.
Booking Tickets in Advance
We recommend booking your tickets well in advance particularly around the period a few days before the monthly Full Moon Party which is held in Haad Rin on the South East Coast of Koh Phangan. The Full Moon Party attracts between 20,000 to 40,000 people depending on the time of year and as a consequence travel tickets to Koh Phangan can often be entirely booked out up to a week before the party happens.
If you plan to go to the party it also makes sense to book a hotel in Haad Rin a month or more in advance as it is often difficult to find even a bed in the dormitory during the Full Moon Party period.
About the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company
The Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company provides an excellent standard of service. The journey commences with a luxury bus departing from the Lomprayah Office on the Kanjanomai Alley, which is 650 metres (9 minutes walk) from Hua Hin Train Station. The journey starts with a 4 hour 12 minute (293 km) journey by luxury bus to Thong Makham Noi Ferry Pier.
From there passengers transfer to one of the Lomprayah Company’s fleet of 5 high speed catamaran ferries for a sea crossing of around 3 hours 30 minutes to Koh Phangan via the islands of Koh Tao and Koh Nangyuan. These high speed ferries have seating inside and outside and a small shop inside selling drinks, snacks and sandwiches. The morning departure at 08.30 is the more popular option and a drink and snack is provided.
Bus Stop in Hua Hin
- The Lomprayah service from Hua Hin to Koh Phangan departs the Lomprayah Office at 85/7 Phet Kasem Rd, Hua Hin, Hua Hin District, Chang Wat Prachuap Khiri Khan 77110.
Arrival in Koh Phangan
- The Lomprayah service from Hua Hin to Koh Phangan arrives into Koh Phangan’s main ferry pier in the town of Thong Sala.
Taxi Services in Koh Phangan
Local transport in Koh Phangan is by shared songthaew taxi. A songthaew taxi is a converted pick up truck with two rows of seats in the back and a metal cover.
Where to get a Shared Taxi in Koh Phangan:
- These shared taxis wait in the car park near the ferry terminal building.
- There are always taxi touts waiting as you arrive at the ferry pier.
- The price is the same whether you speak to the taxi touts or approach the taxi drivers directly. They all work together so it makes no difference to the price which person you speak to.
Prices for Koh Phangan Shared Taxis:
- 200 THB per person for the trip to Haad Rin.
- 300 THB for the journey to Thong Nai Pan.
- If you want a private taxi, or there are not enough people to fill the taxi, expect to pay more.
The price per person can sometimes vary depending upon whether the taxi is full or not and the time of year.