For travel from Koh Lanta to Koh Phangan there are two routes you can take:
- Route 1: The first route is to make the crossing to the mainland on car ferry (a 10 minute journey) and then a bus to Krabi, and from Krabi a bus or minivan to Surat Thani, and then a bus to one of the ferry ports in Donsak to catch another ferry to Koh Phangan.
- Route 2: The second route is to get a ferry direct from Koh Lanta to Klong Jilard pier, which is near to Krabi Town, and then a bus or minivan to Surat Thani, then another bus to Donsak to board one of the 4 different ferry services from Donsak to Koh Phangan.
Direct Services: Both routes can be travelled much more quickly if you book a joint ferry and bus service with the same travel operator who take you all the way from Koh Lanta to Koh Phangan which is quicker because of the shorter connection times transferring between ferry and bus services on route.
Travel Times to Koh Phangan
- Travel times and ticket prices for joint ferry and bus services from Koh Lanta to Koh Phangan:
|Koh Lanta||Koh Phangan||Travel Company||Cost|
|07:00||18:00||Seatran Discovery||1,320 THB|
- Passengers on the Seatran Discovery Service start their journey from the main pier in Koh Lanta Yai, which is called Saladan Pier.
- The Seatran Discovery service includes a transfer to any hotel on Koh Phangan.
Buy Tickets to Koh Phangan
Use the Search Box below to find tickets on the direct services from Koh Lanta to Koh Phangan.
- Booking in Advance: You need to book in advance if you plan to travel in the period up to 5 days before the monthly Full Moon Party in Koh Phangan as the demand for tickets is much greater at times, particularly during high season.
Journey to Koh Phangan
The two direct daily joint ferry and bus services from Koh Lanta to Koh Phangan travel slightly different routes and use different ferries. They all, however, arrive in the same place which is Koh Phangan Ferry Port in the town of Thong Sala.
- 08:00 service from Koh Lanta to Koh Phangan (850 THB):
- Travel Company: Songserm
- Departure Point: Hotel Pick Up
- Arrival Point: Koh Phangan Ferry Port
- Journey Time: 10 hours 30 minutes
- Route: Minivan transfer to the car ferry from Koh Lanta Noi to Hua Hin Pier on the mainland, minivan to Krabi, bus to Donsak Ferry Pier and passenger ferry to Koh Phangan.
- Ferry to Koh Phangan: Songserm Ferry
- 07:00 service from Koh Lanta to Koh Phangan (1,320 THB):
- Travel Company: Seatran Discovery
- Departure Point: Saladan Pier
- Arrival Point: Any hotel in Koh Phangan
- Journey Time: 9 hours 20 minutes
- Route: Ferry journey to Klong Jilard Pier near Krabi, minivan transfer to Krabi Town, then a bus to Donsak Seatran Ferry Pier, and finally a ferry to Koh Phangan.
- Ferry to Koh Phangan: Seatran Discovery Ferry
Ferry Pier in Koh Lanta
- The Seatran Discovery Service departs from Saladan Pier in Koh Lanta.
Koh Phangan Ferry Port
- All direct services from Koh Lanta to Koh Phangan arrive at Koh Phangan Ferry Port in Thong Sala.
Travel from Thong Sala
The only public transport available from Koh Phangan Ferry Port is shared songthaew taxi. If you do not want to travel in a shared taxi then your alternatives are motorbike taxi or hire one of the shared taxis for a private journey. Shared songthaew taxis on Koh Phangan are converted pick up trucks with two rows of seats in the back under cover. Shared taxi operatives will approach you as you leave the ferry. The shared taxis all congregate near the pier in the car park. There is no price difference at all between what the people approaching you as you leave the ferry will charge and what you would be charged if you approach the shared taxi driver directly. Prices for shared taxis are fairly standard and expect to pay:
Shared Taxi Prices at Koh Phangan Ferry Port:
- Thong Sala to Haad Rin: 200 THB per person
- Thong Sala to Haad Yao: 300 THB per person
- Thong Sala to Thong Nai Pan: 300 THB per person