Koh Phi Phi does not have an airport so there are three options for travel from Koh Phi Phi to Bangkok:
- Option 1: Take a joint ferry and bus service direct from Koh Phi Phi to Bangkok.
- Option 2: Take a ferry to Krabi and fly from Krabi International Airport to Bangkok.
- Option 3: Take a ferry and then a bus to Surat Thani and from there take a train to Bangkok.
The cheapest option is to take a joint ferry and bus service from Koh Phi Phi to Bangkok. If you book cheap flight tickets from Krabi to Bangkok then travelling by air costs about the same amount as travelling by train.
Option 1: Bus from Koh Phi Phi to Bangkok
There is currently 1 joint ferry and bus service a day from Koh Phi Phi to Bangkok available to book online.
|Koh Phi Phi||Bangkok||Price||Company|
- The ferry journey from Koh Phi Phi to Krabi takes around 1 hour 30 minutes.
- From Krabi the next section of the journey to Bangkok is by bus.
- Without breaks the driving time from Krabi to Bangkok is slightly over 9 hours 30 minutes.
- Joint ferry and bus services from Koh Phi Phi to Bangkok from depart from Ton Sai Pier:
- The arrival point in Bangkok for Montanatip services is the Montanatip Office on the Tani Road, which is close to Khao San Road.
Buy Tickets from Koh Phi Phi to Bangkok
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Koh Phi Phi to Bangkok.
- For travel from Koh Phi Phi to Krabi Airport change the destination to ‘Krabi’.
- For flights from Krabi to Bangkok change the starting point to ‘Krabi Airport’ and the destination to ‘Don Mueang Airport’.
- For joint ferry and bus ticket to Surat Thani train station change the destination to ‘Surat Thani Train Station’.
- For train tickets from Surat Thani to Bangkok change the starting point to ‘Surat Thani Train Station’ and the destination to ‘Bangkok’.
Option 2: Fly from Krabi to Bangkok
There are six direct services a day from Koh Phi Phi to Krabi Airport departing from 09:00 un til 13:30. All services depart from Ton Sai Pier and take around 2 to 3 hours to reach to Krabi Airport. Tickets cost from 800 THB to 1,400 THB.
From Krabi Airport there are daily flights operated by a number of airlines to either Don Mueang Airport, which is the closest one to central Bangkok and the cheapest one to travel to, or to Suvarnabhumi Airport which is where most of the international flights depart from.
Option 3: Train to Bangkok via Surat Thani
This is a three part journey. The first part of the journey is a ferry and bus journey from Koh Phi Phi to Surat Thani City. From Surat Thani City you then need to travel 15 km to Surat Thani Railway Station.
The next stage of the journey by train from Surat Thani to Bangkok is scheduled to take from 10 hours 05 minutes to 13 hours 52 minutes depending on which train you take.