There are a few different routes which you can take Koh Phi Phi to Hat Yau, some quicker than others.
- The fastest way to get from Koh Phi Phi is to take a ferry to Krabi and a bus or minivan from there to Hat Yai. See below for more details about direct services where the travel company picks you up from the pier in Krabi and take you straight to Hat Yai, saving you the inconvenience of making your own way from the pier into Krabi town and waiting for a connection to Hat Yai.
- A second option to take a ferry to Koh Lanta, passenger ferries to Koh Lanta depart every day from Koh Phi Phi at 11.30 and 15.00. From Koh Lanta you then take the car ferry and bus to Trang, and finally a bus or minivan to Hat Yai. If you decide to use this route to travel from Koh Phi Phi to Hat Yai then we recommend that you stay overnight in Trang which is an interesting place to visit.
- If you have the time then a third alternative is to take the 14.00 ferry from Koh Phi Phi to Koh Jum and from there a longtail boat to Laem Kruat Pier in Krabi province and then a minivan to Hat Yai, spending one night in Koh Jum on the way.
Travel Times to Hat Yai
- There is a single direct service per day from Koh Phi Phi to Hat Yai which you can book in advance online using the Search Box below:
|Koh Phi Phi||Hat Yai||Ticket||Company|
|09.00||15.30||900 THB||Jolly Travel|
- This service departs from the main pier in Koh Phi Phi and terminates in Hat Yai city centre close to the train station.
Buy Tickets to Koh Phi Phi
Use the Search Box below to find tickets for the direct service from Koh Phi Phi to Hat Yai.
About the Journey
The first stage of the journey is a 1 hour 45 minutes sea crossing by passenger ferry from Ton Sai Pier in Koh Phi Phi to Klong Jilard Pier. From Klong Jilard Pier passengers travel around 4 km by car into Krabi to transfer to a minivan direct to Hat Yai city. The first part of the journey is by minivan to Krabi Town.
The journey by minivan from Krabi Town takes slightly over 4 hours to cover a distance of 275 km to reach Hat Yai. On route the minivan will stop once, about halfway, at a roadside service area for passengers to take a short break, use the toilet and buy food and drink.
Koh Phi Phi ferry pier
- Direct services from Koh Phi Phi to Hat Yai depart from Ao Tonsai Pier in Koh Phi Phi, as do ferries to Koh Lanta and Koh Jum.
Hat Yai Bus Stop
The Jolly Travel service from Koh Phi Phi terminates at the Red Planet Hotel in Hat Yai town centre. If you plan to travel onward to Malaysia you can catch another bus to either Penang or Kuala Lumpur from the same bus stop. If you want to travel somewhere else or need to cross the border and come straight back then take a local taxi or motorbike taxi to Hat Yai bus station which 2.5 km away. Expect to pay 40 to 60 THB for journey depending on when you are travelling and how good your negotiating skills are. There are minivans every hour from Hat Yai bus station to the border crossing at Padang Besar. The journey takes 50 minutes and costs 50 THB each way.
Location of Bus Stop
- Address: In front of the Red Planet Hotel, 152-156 Niphat Uthit 2 Road, Hat Yai District, Songkhla 90110, Thailand