To travel from Koh Phi Phi to Koh Lanta, you have two options:
- Travel direct by ferry or speedboat from Koh Phi Phi to Koh Lanta.
- Travel by passenger ferry and road to Krabi Bus Terminal and then take a minivan and car ferry to Koh Lanta.
Travelling direct by passenger ferry from Koh Phi Phi to Koh Lanta is the cheaper and quicker of the two options. Travelling indirect via Krabi to Koh Lanta will take you at least 5 hours and cost a minimum of 700 THB compared to a 1 hour journey by passenger ferry costing 450 THB booked online.
Ferry Times to Koh Lanta
- Travel times and ticket prices for the direct services from Koh Phi Phi to Koh Lanta:
|Koh Phi Phi||Koh Lanta||Cost||Company|
|09:15||10:00||728 THB||Tigerline Travel|
|09:30||10:30||600 THB||Bundhaya Speed Boat|
|09:30||10:00||600 THB||Koh Ngai Camping|
|11:30||12:30||450 THB||Chaokoh Travel|
|11:30||13:00||450 THB||Andaman Wave Master|
|11:45||12:15||728 THB||Tigerline Travel|
|16:00||17:30||450 THB||Andaman Wave Master|
- Chaokoh Travel operates a passenger ferry service.
- Tigerline Travel and S.P.S.B.C operate speedboat services.
- All these ferry and speedboat services to Koh Lanta depart from Ton Sai Pier in Koh Phi Phi.
Buy Tickets to Koh Lanta
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Koh Phi Phi to Koh Lanta.
- Travel Voucher: After booking you will be sent an electronic voucher which you need to print out in order to travel. The ferry company will only accept a printed travel voucher and unfortunately you will not be permitted to travel if you show them the voucher on a phone or computer screen.
- Check In: Check in at the ferry pier 30 minutes before the ferry is due to depart.
About the ferry to Koh Lanta
The passenger ferry from Koh Phi Phi to Koh Lanta is operated by Chaokoh Travel.
Chaokoh Travel operates three ferries on three routes to and from Koh Phi Phi:
- Koh Phi Phi to Phuket
- Koh Phi Phi to Krabi
- Koh Phi Phi to Koh Lanta
Chaokoh Ferries travel between 13 and 15 knots, which is not slow but not that fast either. These are basic ferries which carry on passengers on journeys of between 1 hour and 1 hour 45 minutes. All three ferries have a small shop, and a toilet, as well as indoor seating.
Ferry Pier in Koh Phi Phi
- Both speedboat services and passenger ferries to Koh Lanta depart from Ton Sai Pier in Koh Phi Phi.
Ferry Pier in Koh Lanta
- Passenger ferries from Koh Phi Phi arrive in Koh Lanta at Baan Sala Dan Pier.