The easiest way to travel from Koh Samui to Hua Hin is to book a ticket on the direct service operated by the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company which combines a high speed ferry transfer to the mainland and then a bus from the ferry pier direct into the centre of Hua Hin Town.
Travel Times to Hua Hin
- Direct travel services with the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company from Koh Samui to Hua Hin depart twice daily:
|Koh Samui||Hua Hin||Cost||Journey|
|08:00||17:05||1,400 THB||9 hrs 05 m|
|12:30||21:35||1,400 THB||9 hrs 05 m|
The Lomprayah Service from Koh Samui to Hua Hin combines ferry and bus travel:
- Ferry: Travel by high speed ferry from Koh Tao to Thung Makham Ferry Pier near Chumphon (3 hour and 45 minutes).
- Bus: Travel 292 km by modern bus from Thung Makham Ferry Pier to Hua Hin town centre (4 hours and 00 minutes).
Buy Tickets to Hua Hin
Use the Search Box below to book tickets from Koh Samui to Hua Hin. After making payment online through a secure booking system you will be sent an electronic booking voucher which you will need to bring with you when you check in for your journey from Koh Samui to Hua Hin.
Booking in advance is recommended for this journey particularly if you want to take the 08.00 departure, which is the most popular service, or are travelling in high season from January to April and July to September. The Lomprayah ferry stops on route at Koh Phangan, Koh Nangyuan and Koh Tao which are all very popular destinations and the Lomprayah ferry is frequently fully booked out in advance of the day of travel.
The Lomprayah bus to Hua Hin terminates on the Kanjanomai Alley, which is within walking distance of both the train station and the city centre beach front. If you looking for a good value for money hotel in Hua Hin then read our review of the Chaba Chalet, which is a small hotel only 600 metres walk away from where the bus from Koh Samui stops and near Hua Hin’s famous night market.
About the Lomprayah Company
The Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company is the best point to point travel company operating on the islands of Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. Passengers are quickly and safely transported to and from these three island to destinations across Thailand including Bangkok, Phuket, Krabi, Koh Phi Phi, Surat Thani train station and Hat Yai. They tend to be the most expensive company to travel with but also the most popular because of the quality of the service and the speed of travel which comes through good organisation and the fast passengers ferries they use on all routes.
- Ferries: The Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company has a fleet of 7 high speed catamaran ferries. These medium sized boats travel at an impressive cruising speed of 25 knots (most conventional ferries in Thailand cruise at around 13 to 15 knots). The Lomprayah fleet has been specially designed by the Incat Crowther Company to combine speed with comfort, with an air-conditioned cabin, small shop and outdoor seating spaces. These are great boats and it is well worth paying slightly more to travel on a high speed catamaran ferry over other local ferry services.
- Bus Services: The Lomprayah Company also has it own fleet of modern air-conditioned bus services. Lomprayah bus and minivan services travel direct to and from all Lomprayah ferry piers, unlike a number of other local travel companies which take passengers to a local bus station where they must wait to transfer to another bus before commencing the journey to their final destination.
Other ways to travel to Hua Hin
There are four other ways to travel from Koh Samui to Hua Hin which are slightly cheaper but take up to 10 hours longer:
- 650 – 800 THB: Ferry and bus to Surat Thani bus station and then a bus or minivan to Hua Hin.
- 790 – 1,000 THB: Ferry and bus to Surat Thani train station and a connecting train to Hua Hin.
- 1,150 -1,300 THB: Ferry and bus to Chumphon bus station and then a bus or minivan to Hua Hin.
- 1,300 – 1,500 THB: Ferry and bus to Chumphon train station and then a connecting train to Hua Hin.
Koh Samui departure point
- The first stage of the journey from Koh Samui to Hua Hin is by ferry which departs from Pralan Lomprayah Pier in Maenam on the north coast of Koh Samui.
Bus Stop in Hua Hin
- After arriving on the mainland passengers transfer to bus which at terminates the Lomprayah Office on the Kanjanomai Alley in Hua Hin Town Centre.