By joint ferry and bus service the journey from Koh Samui to Koh Lanta is scheduled to take from 7 to 11 hours depending upon which service you take.
Bus times from Koh Samui to Koh Lanta
There are currently 4 direct services a day from Koh Samui to Koh Lanta available to book online.
Buy Tickets from Koh Samui to Koh Lanta
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Koh Samui to Koh Lanta.
- Thailand Life Tip: We recommend taking one of the direct services from Koh Samui to Koh Lanta where the same company provides both the ferry journeys and the bus service from the Gulf of Thailand coast to the Andaman Coast. Its quicker, simpler and costs about the same as trying to buy separate tickets for each stage of journey independently.
About Travel to Koh Lanta
To travel from Koh Samui to Koh Lanta you need to first take a ferry from Koh Samui over to one of the mainland ports in Donsak in Surat Thani province. From Donsak you then need to travel by road to either Klong Jilard Pier, near Krabi Town, or Hua Hin Pier, which is further south in Krabi Province.
From Klong Jilard Pier its takes slightly under 2 hours by ferry to reach Koh Lanta.
From Hua Hin Pier it’s a very short journey by car ferry to Klong Mak Pier on Koh Lanta’s north island, from there you then need to travel by road to Koh Lanta’s south island where the hotels, resorts and popular beaches are located.
Option 1: Lomprayah Ferry
The Lomprayah High Speed Ferry service departs from a ferry pier in Na Thon. The first stage of the journey is a 45 minutes sea crossing on a high speed catamaran ferry – which is the fastest and the most comfortable passenger ferry operating in the Gulf of Thailand. When the ferry arrives passengers transfer to one of the Lomprayah’s fleet of modern buses, which feature on board toilets and a small complimentary snack, for the journey to Klong Jilard Pier near Krabi Town for the ferry to Koh Lanta.
- Departure times: 08:30
- Journey Time: 7 hours 30 minutes
- Ticket Price: 1,500 THB
- Departure Point: This service departs from Maenam Ferry Pier
Option 2: Raja Ferry
This service commences with a 1 hour 30 minute sea crossing from Koh Samui to Donsak on the Thai mainland. On arrival in Donsak Raja Ferry passengers transfer to a bus for the journey to Hua Hin Ferry Pier for a much shorter sea crossing on another car ferry.
- Departure times: 05:00 and 09:00
- Journey Time: 9 to 11 hours
- Ticket Price: 1,116 THB
- Departure Point: This service departs from either the Nathon Raja Ferry office or Lipa Noi Ferry Pier
Koh Lanta Ferry Pier
All direct services from Koh Samui to Koh Lanta arrive at Saladan Pier.