From Koh Samui there are two ways to travel to Phang Nga:
- Travel independently via Surat Thani town.
- Book a direct service from Koh Samui to Phang Nga.
Bus Times from Koh Samui to Phang Nga
There is currently 1 direct service a day from Koh Samui to Phang Nga.
|Company||Koh Samui||Phang Nga||Cost|
Buy Tickets from Koh Samui to Phang Nga
Use the Search Box below to buy your travel tickets from Koh Samui to Phang Nga.
- Compare ticket prices and travel times.
- Secure online booking.
- Instant ticket confirmation.
Independent Travel to Phang Nga
The best way to explain how to travel independently from Koh Samui to Phang Nga is to break the journey down into 3 different stages:
- Ferry from Koh Samui to Donsak.
- Bus from Donsak ferry port to Surat Thani bus station.
- Bus services depart to Phang Nga depart from Surat Thani Transport Station and Phantip Travel in Surat Thani City Centre.
The total journey time travelling independently from Koh Samui to Phang Nga is approximately 7 to 9 hours depending on your connection times.
Option 1: Phantip Travel
Phantip Travel services start from the Phantip Travel Office in Na Thon. The journey with Phantip Travel Phang Nga has three stages:
- Stage 1: Journey from the Phantip Travel Office to the ferry pier. Phantip Travel does operate its own ferries, but instead takes passengers on the car ferry to the mainland.
- Stage 2: Sea crossing on the car ferry which takes approximately 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Stage 3: A bus journey from Donsak Ferry Pier to Phang Nga Bus and Coach Station which takes around 2 hours 50 minutes.
Bus Times from Koh Samui to Phang Nga (Phantip Travel)
|Koh Samui||Phang Nga|
- Journey Time: 5 hours 30 min
- Cost: 530 THB
Location of the Phantip Travel Office
- The Phantip Travel service to Phang Nga departs from the Phantip Travel Office:
Option 2: Lomprayah High Speed Ferry
- Please note: Lomprayah High Speed Ferry services from Koh Samui to Phang Nga are currently suspended.
This service departs from Na Thon Pier. Na Thon is the administrative capital of Koh Samui on the West side of the Island. Na Thon is easy to reach by catching one of the shared taxis (songthaew) which ply the route along the ring road which runs the entire way around the coastline of Koh Samui. Simply flag down one of the shared taxis travelling in the direction of Na Thon and agree a price per person before starting your journey. Shared taxis to Na Thong all terminate at a car park in front of Na Thon Pier and from there it is a short walk to the ferry terminal building. Aim to arrive at Na Thon Pier at least 30 minutes before the departure time of the ferry to check-in for your your trip.
Ferry Times from Koh Samui to Phang Nga (Lomprayah Ferry)
|Koh Samui||Phang Nga|
- Journey Time:
7 hours 00 min
Location of Na Thon Pier in Koh Samui
- The Lomprayah High Speed Ferry service to Phang Nga departs from Na Thon Pier.
Arrival in Phang Nga
Both services Lomprayah High Speed Ferry and Phantip Travel services arrive at Phang Nga Coach Station. Phang Nga Coach Station is 2.2 km from Phang Nga Post Office in Phang Nga Town. For travel to Phang Nga Town take one of the blue shared taxis which ply the route into the town along the Phet Kasem Road. From Phang Nga Coach Station there are frequent departures to Bangkok, Krabi, Phuket and Surat Thani. To reach Khao Lak from Phang Nga take a bus towards Phuket until you reach Khok Kloi bus station (40.6 km from Phang Nga). At Khok Kloi bus station there are bus services every hour or so to Khao Lak bus station. The distance from Khok Kloi bus station to Khao Lak is 63.2 km which by bus takes around 1 hour.
Phang Nga Bus and Coach Station