The easiest way to travel by public transport from Koh Tao to Khao Sok National Park is to take a joint ferry and bus service. The journey with the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company takes only 5 hours 30 minutes.
Bus times from Koh Tao to Khao Sok National Park
There are currently 3 joint ferry and bus services from from Koh Tao to Khao Sok National Park.
|21:00||09:15||1,250 THB||Koh Tao Booking Center|
|21:00||10:00||1,250 THB||Fame Tour|
- Passengers on services provided by Koh Tao Booking Center and Fame Tour travel on an overnight boat with very basic faccilities.
Buy Tickets from Koh Tao to Khao Sok National Park
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Koh Tao to Khao Sok National Park.
We recommend booking in advance during high season and around the time of the Full Moon Party. This service travels via Koh Phangan where the famous monthly Full Moon Party takes place.
Travel Direct with Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company
The journey with the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company has two stages:
- Stage 1: The first part of the journey is sea crossing to ferry port in Donsak, near Surat Thani, via the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. The sea crossing from Koh Tao to Donsak takes 2 hours 45 minutes on the 06.00 departure with the Lomprayah and 4 hours on the 09.30 Lomprayah departure. The sea-crossing from Koh Tao to Donsak also takes 4 hours with the Seatran Discovery service.
- Stage 2: For the next part of the journey passengers are met at the ferry pier in Donsak by a minivan or bus for a journey by road of just over 190 km which takes around 2 hours 30 minutes.
Independent Travel from Koh Tao to Khao Sok National Park
If you want to save money, or you simply want to travel independently rather with a direct point to point service, then this is the cheapest way to complete the journey:
- Joint ferry and bus service, or the night boat, from Koh Tao to Surat Thani City.
- Minivan from Surat Thani City to Khao Sok National Park.
Bear in mind, however, that travelling independently takes longer and you definitely need to start your journey early in the morning to reach Khao Sok on the same day as leaving from Koh Tao, as the last minivan to Khao Sok departs from Surat Thani city at 16.30.
Koh Tao Ferry Pier
- All services from from Koh Tao to Khao Sok National Park depart from Mae Haad in Koh Tao.
Koh Sok Bus Stop
- All services from from Koh Tao to Khao Sok National Park terminate at Khao Sok Van Station near the Western Entrance to Khao Sok National Park.
About Travel to Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park covers an area of around 793 sq km of tropical rain forest. Within the National Park there is a large made made lake with a wide river flowing into it making the interior of the park accessible by boat to visitors, who can either choose to take day trips into the park or stay at lake or riverside bungalows overnight.
Things to Do in Khao Sok National Park
Inside the park there are a number of activities which are popular with both foreign and Thai tourists:
- Canoeing on the lake
- Jungle trekking
- Spotting animals such as clouded leopards, tigers, the Malaysian sun bear, and an wide variety of native birds such as kingfishers, crested serpent eagles and the ashy drongo.
- Exploring the amazing trees and plant life, including the world’s largest flower, the rafflesia.
Floating Bungalows in Khao Sok National Park
For the full Khao Sok ‘jungle experience’ stay one or two nights at a bungalow on the lake without electric, internet, or a phone signal and enjoy the peace and quiet of the lakeside setting. Food and drink is provided at these isolated jungle retreats. If a comfortable bed is more your style then it is easier enough to take boat ride to the lake in a single day and return back to a decent hotel or bungalow resort in the late afternoon.