There are three ways to travel from Krabi to Koh Lanta:
- By Minivan and then by car ferry to Koh Lanta.
- By Ferry from Klong Jilard Pier near Krabi Town to Koh Lanta.
- By Ferry from Nopparat-Thara Pier near Ao Nang to Koh Lanta.
Buy Tickets from Krabi to Koh Lanta
Enter your travel dates into the Search Box below and click to buy your tickets from Krabi to Koh Lanta:
- Tickets for minivan services provided by the Bus Cooperative of Krabi are available to book online through the Search Box.
- You can buy ferry tickets for other services at the pier before you depart.
Option 1: Minivan from Krabi Town to Koh Lanta
Minivan services from Krabi to Koh Lanta travel via Hua Hin Pier, which is approximately 1 hour by road from Krabi Town. At Hua Hin Pier passengers board a car ferry for a short sea crossing to Klong Mak Pier on Koh Lanta’s North Island. From there passengers travel by road to Koh Lanta’s main island where the majority of the hotels, resorts and bungalows are located.
- Minivans to Koh Lanta operated by the Bus Cooperative of Krabi depart from Krabi Bus Terminal:
- The Jolly Travel service starts with a pick up at your hotel. The pick up will 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time for hotels and resorts in Krabi Town and 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time for accommodation in Ao Nang.
Minivan times from Krabi to Koh Lanta
There are 5 minivan departures a day from Krabi to Koh Lanta.
|Krabi||Koh Lanta||Ticket Price||Company|
|08:00||11:00||฿ 330||Bus Cooperative|
|10:00||13:00||฿ 330||Bus Cooperative|
|12:00||15:00||฿ 330||Bus Cooperative|
|14:00||17:00||฿ 330||Bus Cooperative|
|16:00||19:00||฿ 330||Bus Cooperative|
- Bus Cooperative minivan services depart from Krabi Bus Terminal.
- The ticket price includes the cost of a transfer to you resort or hotel in Koh Lanta.
Option 2: Ferry from Klong Jilard Pier to Koh Lanta
Klong Jilard Pier is located 4.0 km by road from Krabi Walking Street in the centre of Krabi Town and 19.5 km by road from Ao Nang beach. From Klong Jilard Pier there is a single ferry per day to Koh Lanta.
- Departure times: 11.00
- Journey Time: 2 hours 00
- Location of Klong Jilard Pier:
Option 3: Ferry from Nopparat-Thara Pier to Koh Lanta
Nopparat-Thara Pier is located 3.1 km from Ao Nang beach and 17.5 km by road from Krabi Walking Street in the centre of Krabi Town. There are two ferry departures a day from Nopparat-Thara Pier to Koh Lanta.
- Departure times: 10.30 and 13.30
- Journey Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Location of Nopparat-Thara Pier:
Koh Lanta Ferry Pier
- Ferries from Klong Jilard Pier and Nopparat-Thara Pier arrive at Saladan Pier in Koh Lanta:
About Koh Lanta
Koh Lanta is not a single island, but a cluster of islands the largest of which, Koh Lanta Yai, is approximately 6 km wide and 30 km long. All of the resort, hotel, bungalows operations and most of the restaurants and bars are located on Koh Lanta Yai.
The most popular area in Koh Lanta is Ban Saladan, the town where long distance ferry pier is located. Other places to visit and things to include:
- Khao Mai Kaew Caves: Located in the centre of the island are a series of caves, some containing stalactites and stalagmites.
- Lanta Old Town: A small settlement on the East side of Koh Lanta Yai where diverse cultural influences are evident in the architecture, food and craft work on sale.
- Longtail tours: A number of tour companies offer day trip and overnight camping trips to lesser visits beaches and islands.
- Sea-Kayaking: Paddling a kayak around the mangrove swamps, caves and limestone cliff on the East side of Koh Lanta is great fun for anyone who is moderately fit and able to swim.
The best time to visit Koh Lanta is normally from November to April when it is dry and the weather is cooler. It heats up in April and then tend to rain a lot from May to October. This said, the weather in Thailand is becoming less predictable than it was during the last century and the rainy season can start and finish earlier or later than expected. Whatever the weather you need to make the best of your trip. If it rains perhaps try diving.