There are three ways to travel from Krabi to Koh Lanta:
- By Minivan and then by car ferry to Koh Lanta.
- By Ferry from Chao Fa Park Pier in Krabi Town.
- By Ferry from Floating Pier East Railay in Railay.
Buy Tickets from Krabi to Koh Lanta
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Krabi to Koh Lanta:
Option 1: Minivan from Krabi Town to Koh Lanta
Minivan services from Krabi to Koh Lanta travel via Hua Hin Pier, which is approximately 1 hour by road from Krabi Town. At Hua Hin Pier passengers board a car ferry for a short sea crossing to Klong Mak Pier on Koh Lanta’s North Island. From there passengers travel by road to Koh Lanta’s main island where the majority of the hotels, resorts and bungalows are located.
- Minivans to Koh Lanta operated by Jijie Tour and Travel and Good Luck Lanta Tour depart from Krabi Bus Terminal:
Minivan times from Krabi to Koh Lanta
There are currently 10 minivan departures a day from Krabi to Koh Lanta available to book online.
|08:00||10:00||฿ 380||Jijie Tour and Travel|
|09:00||11:00||฿ 380||Jijie Tour and Travel|
|10:00||12:00||฿ 380||Jijie Tour and Travel|
|11:00||13:00||฿ 380||Jijie Tour and Travel|
|12:00||14:00||฿ 380||Jijie Tour and Travel|
|13:00||15:00||฿ 380||Jijie Tour and Travel|
|14:00||16:00||฿ 380||Jijie Tour and Travel|
|14:30||17:00||฿ 334||Good Luck Lanta Tour|
|15:00||17:00||฿ 380||Jijie Tour and Travel|
|16:00||18:00||฿ 380||Jijie Tour and Travel|
- Jijie Tour and Travel services depart from Krabi Bus Terminal.
- The ticket price includes the cost of a transfer to you resort or hotel in Koh Lanta.
Option 2: Ferry from Chao Fah Park Pier to Koh Lanta
Chao Fah Park Pier is located in Chao Fa Park which is riverside in the centre of Krabi Town.
- Departure times: 10:45
- Journey Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Location of Chao Fah Park Pier:
Option 3: Ferry from Floating Pier East Railay to Koh Lanta
Floating Pier East Railay is located on the eastern side of the Railay peninsula.
- Departure times: 10.30
- Journey Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Location of Floating Pier East Railay:
Koh Lanta Ferry Pier
- All ferry and shared speedboat services from Krabi to Koh Lanta arrive at Saladan Pier in Koh Lanta:
About Koh Lanta
Koh Lanta is not a single island, but a cluster of islands the largest of which, Koh Lanta Yai, is approximately 6 km wide and 30 km long. All of the resorts, hotels, bungalows and most of the restaurants and bars are located on Koh Lanta Yai.
Places to Visit in Koh Lanta
The most popular area in Koh Lanta is Ban Saladan, the town where long distance ferry pier is located. Other places to visit and things to include:
- Khao Mai Kaew Caves: Located in the centre of the island are a series of caves, some containing stalactites and stalagmites.
- Lanta Old Town: A small settlement on the East side of Koh Lanta Yai where diverse cultural influences are evident in the architecture, food and craft work on sale.
- Longtail tours: A number of tour companies offer day trip and overnight camping trips to lesser visits beaches and islands.
- Sea-Kayaking: Paddling a kayak around the mangrove swamps, caves and limestone cliff on the East side of Koh Lanta is great fun for anyone who is moderately fit and able to swim.
Best Times to Visit Koh Lanta
The best time to visit Koh Lanta is normally from November to April when it is dry and the weather is cooler. It heats up in April and then tend to rain a lot from May to October. This said, the weather in Thailand is becoming less predictable than it was during the last century and the rainy season can start and finish earlier or later than expected. Whatever the weather you need to make the best of your trip. If it rains perhaps try diving.