The journey from Pattaya to Koh Chang has three stages. Stage 1 of the journey from Pattaya to Koh Chang is a 3 hour 30 minivan journey from Pattaya to a ferry pier. Stage 2 is a sea crossing to Koh Chang. Stage 3 of the journey is from the ferry pier in Koh Chang to your resort. If you book a direct service the same transport operator will take you on three stages of the journey.
Bus Times from Pattaya to Koh Chang
There are currently 2 daily services from Pattaya to Koh Chang available to book online.
|08:00||14:00||35 Group Pattaya||650 THB|
|08:00||14:30||Suwarnphum Burapha||650 THB|
- The total journey time from Pattaya to Koh Chang is 6 hours to 6 hours 30 minutes depending upon which service you take.
Buy Tickets from Pattaya to Koh Chang
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Pattaya to Koh Chang.
You can also book private taxi and minivan services from Pattaya to Koh Chang using the Search Box above.
Departure from Pattaya
- 35 Group Pattaya services from Pattaya to Koh Chang commence with a pick up from any hotel in Pattaya.
- Suwarnphum Burapha services from Pattaya to Koh Chang depart from the CK Residence in Pattaya. See below for a location map of the CK Residence.
Arrival in Koh Chang
- 35 Group Pattaya services from Pattaya to Koh Chang end with a drop off at any hotel in Koh Chang.
- Suwarnphum Burapha services from Pattaya to Koh Chang terminate at Haad Sai Khao in Koh Chang. See below for a location map of the Haad Sai Khao.
About Koh Chang
Koh Chang is a large island located in the east of Thailand close to the border with Cambodia. Koh Chang has lots of beaches and no major industry other than tourism.
Tourism in Koh Chang
Koh Chang started to become popular with tourists from about 2000 and this popularity has grown now to the point where the cheap locally run run beach hut style resorts are starting to disappear and being replaced by larger resorts run by investors who are not native to the island. Koh Chang’s proximity to Bangkok (it’s much closer than Phuket or Koh Samui) make Koh Chang popular with Thai people for short breaks from the big city.
Things to do in Koh Chang
As well as spending time on great beaches other activities that are available on Koh Chang include:
- Scuba diving
- Elephant rides
- Jungle trekking
- Muay Thai
- Thai cooking courses