There are two ways to travel from Pattaya to Phuket:
- By bus.
- By taking a flight from U-Tapao Airport near Pattaya to Phuket.
Travel by bus costs less than flying from Pattaya to Phuket, but takes 14 hours longer.
Bus Times from Pattaya to Phuket
There are two daily bus services provided by Pattaya Sawasdee Tour which you can book online.
- The journey by bus from Pattaya to Phuket is scheduled to take 15 hours 40 minutes.
Flights Times from Pattaya to Phuket
2 airlines operate a daily flight from U-Tapao Airport near Pattaya City to Phuket Airport.
- Thai AirAisa is a ‘low cost carrier’ whilst Bangkok Air is a ‘full service carrier’. Both airlines charge extra for luggage stored in the hold and neither serves a meal during the flight, although Bangkok Air does provide free tea, coffee, water and pastries in the airport before you board the flight.
Buy Tickets from Pattaya to Phuket
Use the Search Box to find your tickets from Pattaya to Phuket.
- Compare travel times and ticket prices from Pattaya to Phuket.
- Guaranteed seats for advance bookings.
- Instant online ticket confirmation.
Pattaya Bus Station
Bus services to Phuket depart from a bus stop in front of the Sawasdee Tour Office near the Northern end of Pattaya 3rd Road. The Sawasdee Tour Office is 2.6 km from Central Festival Pattaya Beach shopping mall and 4.6 km from Pattaya’s infamous Walking Street.
Arrival in Phuket
Pattaya Sawasdee Tour bus services terminate at Phuket Bus Terminal 2, which is 4.9 km to the North of Phuket Town. There is a cheap regular shared taxi service from Phuket Bus Terminal 2 to Phuket Bus Terminal 1 which a local bus station.
Minivan and shared taxi services run from Phuket Bus Terminal 1 to most destinations in Phuket.
Location of Phuket Bus Terminal 2
Arrival by plane
Phuket Airport is to the North of Phuket and some distance from the Island’s major beach resorts:
- Phuket Airport to Patong Beach: 41.6 km
- Phuket Airport to Karon Beach: 46.9 km
- Phuket Airport to Kata Beach: 47.7 km
The cheapest way to travel from Phuket Airport is on the Phuket Airport Bus. For 100 THB per person this bus service will take you all the way from the Airport into Phuket Town. This service terminates at Phuket Bus Terminal 1 where you can take inexpensive minivan and shared taxi services to the major beach resorts in the South of Phuket Island. The journey by bus from Phuket Airport to Phuket Town’s Bus Terminal 1 takes 1 hour 20 minutes. The Phuket Airport Bus runs from 08.00 and the last service departs at 20.30.