To best way to travel from Phuket to Koh Lanta is take a direct ferry or shared speed boat. You can also travel most of the way by road with a short crossing on a car ferry but this option takes a lot longer.
Ferry Times from Phuket to Koh Lanta
There are currently 5 direct services a day from Phuket to Koh Lanta available to book online.
|08:30||12:45||900 THB||Ao Nang Travel And Tour|
|08:30||10:00||1,500 THB||Satun Pakbara Speedboat Club|
|08:30||10:00||1,500 THB||Bundhaya Speed Boat|
|12:00||14:00||1,500 THB||Bundhaya Speed Boat|
|12:30||13:30||1,500 THB||Satun Pakbara Speedboat Club|
- The journey is scheduled to take 1 hour 30 minutes.
- All services from Phuket to Koh Lanta depart from Rassada Pier in Phuket.
Buy Tickets from Phuket to Koh Lanta
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Phuket to Koh Lanta.
- Availability: Ferry and speed boat services become less frequent in the rainy season. If you are travelling in the rainy season, particularly during a storm, a better option might be to travel by travel to Krabi and make the short sea crossing to Koh Lanta in a car ferry.
Ferry Pier in Phuket
- Shared speed boat and ferry services to Koh Lanta depart from Rassada Pier in Phuket.
Ferry Pier in Koh Lanta
- Shared speed boat services and the passenger ferries from Phuket arrive in Koh Lanta at Baan Sala Dan Pier.
Companies providing ferry and speed boat services from Phuket to Koh Lanta
- Satun Pakbara Speedboat Club: Satun Pakbara Speedboat Club provide the direct speed boat services from Phuket to Koh Lanta. This company operates on a number of routes on the Andaman Coast using a variety of different speed boats ranging in size from 2 engine boats with 25 seats to 3 engine boats with 65 seats. This is a large professional company which offers a reliable service.
- Andaman Wave Master: This company operates the passenger ferry from Phuket to Koh Phi Phi. This company, established in 1999, has a fleet of 7 boats. The ferries they use on the busy Phuket to Koh Phi Phi route are ‘Jet Cruisers’ with a seating capacity of 450 people and a cruising speed of 16 to 18 knots. The service on these ferries gets mixed reviews. The most common complaint is the poor climate control and the length of time it takes to collect baggage from the ferry when it arrives in Koh Phi Phi.
- Chaokoh Travel: Chaokoh Travel provide the ferry service between Koh Phi Phi and Koh Lanta . They operate 3 ferries and the service offered depends in large part which of the three ferries they are using on the route on any particular day. If you are fortunate you will get a nice air-conditioned cabin to sit in. All three ferries have a shop, a toilet and some outdoor seating. Bear in mind that the sea crossing from Koh Phi Phi to Koh Lanta only takes 1 hour so in practice the quality of the ferry makes little difference to most travellers.