To travel from Phuket to Koh Lanta, you have two options:
- Travel direct by speed boat.
- Travel by passenger ferry to Koh Lanta.
The passenger ferry companies also include the cost of a pick up from your hotel in Phuket in the ticket price.
Speed Boat Times from Phuket to Koh Lanta
- Travel times and ticket prices for the direct service from Phuket to Koh Lanta:
|08.30||10.00||1,500 THB||1 hr 30 min|
|12.30||14.00||1,500 THB||1 hr 30 min|
- This service is provided by the Satun Pakbara Speedboat Club.
- The speed boat depart from Rassada Pier in Phuket.
Passenger Ferry Times from Phuket to Koh Lanta
All of these services commence with a hotel pick up in Phuket.
|07.00||10.15||1,750 THB||Tigerline Travel|
|07.00||16.30||1,400 THB||Sea Angel|
|07.00||12.00||1,200 THB||Phi Phi Cruiser|
|12.00||16.00||1,200 THB||Phi Phi Cruiser|
- All services have same arrival point in Koh Lanta which is Baan Sala Dan Pier.
Buy Tickets from Phuket to Koh Lanta
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Phuket to Koh Lanta.
- Availability: Both options are available to book online except during the rainy months on the Andaman Coast when the speedboat service does not operate because of the rough weather at sea.
About the companies providing ferry and speed boat services from Phuket to Koh Lanta
- Satun Pakbara Speedboat Club: Satun Pakbara Speedboat Club provide the direct speed boat services from Phuket to Koh Lanta. This company operates on a number of routes on the Andaman Coast using a variety of different speed boats ranging in size from 2 engine boats with 25 seats to 3 engine boats with 65 seats. This is a large professional company which offers a reliable service.
- Andaman Wave Master: This company operates the passenger ferry from Phuket to Koh Phi Phi. This company, established in 1999, has a fleet of 7 boats. The ferries they use on the busy Phuket to Koh Phi Phi route are ‘Jet Cruisers’ with a seating capacity of 450 people and a cruising speed of 16 to 18 knots. The service on these ferries gets mixed reviews. The most common complaint is the poor climate control and the length of time it takes to collect baggage from the ferry when it arrives in Koh Phi Phi.
- Chaokoh Travel: Chaokoh Travel provide the ferry service between Koh Phi Phi and Koh Lanta . They operate 3 ferries and the service offered depends in large part which of the three ferries they are using on the route on any particular day. If you are fortunate you will get a nice air-conditioned cabin to sit in. All three ferries have a shop, a toilet and some outdoor seating. Bear in mind that the sea crossing from Koh Phi Phi to Koh Lanta only takes 1 hour so in practice the quality of the ferry makes little difference to most travellers.
Ferry Pier in Phuket
- Both speed boat and ferry services to Koh Lanta depart from Rassada Pier in Phuket.
Ferry Pier in Koh Lanta
- Both the speed boat services and the passenger ferries from Phuket arrive in Koh Lanta at Baan Sala Dan Pier.