There two ways to travel by bus from Bangkok to Khao Lak:
- Direct: There are direct bus and minivan services Bangkok to Khao Lak.
- Via Phang Nga Town: Another option is to take a bus from Bangkok to Phang Nga Coach Station and then take local bus services for onward travel to Khao Lak.
Bus Times from Bangkok to Khao Lak
At the current time there is single direct service from Bangkok to Khao Lak available to book online.
- The Montanatip service to Khao Lak departs from the Khao San Montanatip Bus Stop at 70-6 Thanon Tani, Khwaeng Talat Yot, Khet Phra Nakhon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200.
Buy Tickets from Bangkok to Khao Lak
Use the Search Box below to buy tickets for direct bus services from Bangkok to Khao Lak.
Bus Times from Bangkok to Phang Nga
There are currently 5 direct services a day from Bangkok to Phang Nga available to book online.
|06:45||01:53||702 THB||Transport Co|
|16:30||11:24||702 THB||Transport Co|
|16:45||11:53||702 THB||Transport Co|
|18:00||13:08||702 THB||Transport Co|
- These bus services depart from either Bangkok’s Southern Bus Terminal, known locally as Sai Tai Mai, or Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal.
- It takes around 2 hours to 3 hours to travel from Phang Nga to Khao Lak by local bus services (depending on the time you need to wait for connecting bus services) which makes the total travelling time around 13 to 14 hours for the journey from Bangkok to Khao Lak via Phang Nga.
Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
The Southern Bus Terminal (Sai Tai Mai Bus Station) in Bangkok is located some distance from Central Bangkok on the Western side of the Chao Phraya river. The easiest way to get to Sai Tai Mai Bus Station is to take the skytrain to Bang Wa BTS station and take a taxi from there. The fare charged by a meter taxi from Bang Wa BTS station to the Southern Bus Terminal should be 80 to 100 THB and the taxi journey should take around 15 minutes.
Map of Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
- Address: 8 Borommaratchachonnani Rd, Khwaeng Chim Phli, Khet Taling Chan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10170
Local Transport from Phang Nga to Khao Lak
Bus services from Bangkok to Phang Nga arrive at Phang Nga Coach Station. The local bus services you need to take depart from this bus station. To travel from Phang Nga to Khao Lak you need to take two bus journeys as there is no direct public bus service from Phang Nga to Khao Lak:
- Phang Nga to Khok Kloi: This is a 40.6 km journey which should take 36 minutes. Bus services depart from Phang Nga Coach Station every hour from 07:00 to 18:00 bound for Phuket and Khok Kloi is a stop on the Phang Nga to Khok Kloi bus route. Tickets from Phang Nga to Khok Kloi cost around 50 THB.
- Khok Kloi to Khao Lak: From Kohk Kloi bus station there is a bus every hour to Khao Lak bus station. The journey from Khok Kloi to Khao Lak is 63.2 km and should take 1 hour and 6 minutes. The bus fare from Khok Kloi to Khao Lak is around 60 THB.
Map of Khao Lak Bus Station
- Address: Khuekkhak, Takua Pa District, Phang-nga 82190