There two ways to travel by bus from Bangkok to Khao Lak:
- Direct: There are four daily bus and minivan services from Bangkok to Khao Lak.
- Via Phang Nga Town: Another option is to take a bus from Bangkok’s Southern Bus Terminal to Phang Nga Coach Station and take local bus services for onward travel to Khao Lak.
Travel Times to Khao Lak
The Transport Co Ltd, Paradive Travel and Jolly Travel services are bus services. Passengers with Tara Tour travel in a minivan.
|16:00||05:00||900 THB||Tara Tour|
|19:00||11:30||1,050 THB||Paradive Travel|
|19:00||08:30||1,090 THB||Transport Co Ltd|
- The Tara Tour service to Khao Lak departs from the Bangkok Tara Travel Office on Soi Samsen near to the Khao San Road.
- The Paradive Travel service departs from the roadside in front of Bangkok’s main train station, Hua Lamphong.
- The Transport Co Ltd bus service to Khao Lak departs from Bangkok’s Southern Bus Terminal, Sai Tai Mai Bus Station.
Buy Tickets to Khao Lak
Use the Search Box below to buy tickets for direct bus services from Bangkok to Khao Lak:
The Paradive Travel bus to Khao Lak departs from the roadside in front of Bangkok’s main train station, known locally as Hua Lamphong. You can get to the train station by taking the metro. The metro stop you need is called Hua Lamphong MRT station. Once at Bangkok Train station the meeting point is in front of the main train station building to the right hand side of the main entrance. Passengers should arrive 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time and present their online booking voucher to the Paradise Travel representative who will waiting for passengers to arrive.
Travel Times to Phang Nga
- The company which operates this service is the Lignite Tour Company.
- It takes around 2 hours to 3 hours to travel from Phang Nga to Khao Lak by local bus services (depending on the time you need to wait for connecting bus services) which makes the total travelling time around 13 to 14 hours for the journey from Bangkok to Khao Lak via Phang Nga.
- These bus services depart from Bangkok’s Southern Bus Terminal, known locally as Sai Tai Mai.
Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
The Southern Bus Terminal (Sai Tai Mai Bus Station) in Bangkok is located some distance from Central Bangkok on the Western side of the Chao Phraya river. The easiest way to get to Sai Tai Mai Bus Station is to take the skytrain to Bang Wa BTS station and take a taxi from there. The fare charged by a meter taxi from Bang Wa BTS station to the Southern Bus Terminal should be 80 to 100 THB and the taxi journey should take around 15 minutes.
Map of Southern Bus Terminal
- Address: 8 Borommaratchachonnani Rd, Khwaeng Chim Phli, Khet Taling Chan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10170
Phang Nga to Khao Lak
Bus services from Bangkok to Phang Nga arrive at Phang Nga Coach Station. The local bus services you need to take depart from this bus station. To travel from Phang Nga to Khao Lak you need to take two bus journeys as there is no direct public bus service from Phang Nga to Khao Lak:
- Phang Nga to Khok Kloi: This is a 40.6 km journey which should take 36 minutes. Bus services depart from Phang Nga Coach Station every hour from 07.00 to 18.00 bound for Phuket and Khok Kloi is a stop on the Phang Nga to Khok Kloi bus route. Tickets from Phang Nga to Khok Kloi cost around 40 THB.
- Khok Kloi to Khao Lak: From Kohk Kloi bus station there is a bus every hour to Khao Lak bus station. The journey from Khok Kloi to Khao Lak is 63.2 km and should take 1 hour and 6 minutes. The bus fare from Khok Kloi to Khao Lak is around 50 THB.
Location of Khao Lak Bus Station
- Address: Khuekkhak, Takua Pa District, Phang-nga 82190