There are two ways to travel by public transport from Bangkok to Ranong:
- Option 1: Fly to Ranong.
- Option 2: Take a bus to Ranong.
Bus Times from Bangkok to Ranong
Travel by bus from Bangkok to Ranong is only half the cost of flying there. The arrival point is in Ranong town centre which is more convenient than arriving at Ranong Airport both in relation to travel to the ferry pier to Koh Phayam and for connecting bus services.
|08:15||17:15||840 THB||VIP 33||Sombat Tour|
|17:00||07:18||538 THB||Express||Transport Co|
|19:00||04:00||840 THB||VIP 33||Sombat Tour|
|19:30||05:30||899 THB||VIP 24||ChokeAnan Tour|
|19:50||04:50||630 THB||Express 44||Sombat Tour|
- Departure from Bangkok: Bus services to Ranong depart from Bangkok’s Southern Bus Terminal, except for the Transport Co bus service which departs from Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal.
- Ranong Bus Station: All bus services listed above terminate at Ranong Bus Station. Ranong Bus Station is 6.2 km away from the ferry pier to Koh Phayam and 6.1 km away from the Thai Immigration Office in Ranong where you need to go to get an exit stamp from Thailand before taking a boat to Myanmar.
Buy Tickets from Bangkok to Ranong
Use the Search Box below to buy bus tickets and flights from Bangkok to Ranong.
The demand for tickets from Bangkok to Ranong is steadily growing as Koh Phayam is rapidly developing into a popular tourist destination. If you are planning to travel to Ranong during high season we recommend that you book your tickets from Bangkok to Ranong well in advance.
Flights Times from Bangkok to Ranong
Flights from Bangkok to Ranong are relatively expensive. Added to the cost of the ticket you also need to take account of the cost of travelling from Ranong airport to Ranong town or the ferry pier for Koh Phayam, which is likely to involve a long journey in a taxi. The journey by air is, however, very quick compared to the time it takes to travel by bus. If you fly you can get from Bangkok to Ranong 9 hours faster than travelling by bus.
|Don Mueang Airport - Ranong ฿ 2,103 1h 15m|
- Frequency: There are one to four flights per day from Bangkok to Ranong departing from Bangkok’s second airport, Don Mueang, depending on the time of year.
- Transport Connections in Ranong: Ranong Airport is 26 km away from the ferry pier to Koh Phayam and the jetty from where you can take longtail boats to Myanmar Immigration.
Location of the Southern Bus Terminal
About Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal
Sai Tai Mai is the local name for Bangkok’s Southern Bus Terminal. Sai Tai Mai bus station is located on Western side of Bangkok’s Chao Phraya River. Unfortunately this major station is not close to to either a metro (MRT) station or elevated railway (BTS) station.
To reach the Southern Bus Terminal from Central Bangkok you need to take a very long bus journey, take a taxi or take the BTS skytrain as far as Bang Wa BTS station and then take a taxi 9.1 km to the bus terminal. A meter taxi from Bang Wa BTS station to the Southern Bus Terminal costs 80 to 100 THB.
Location of Ranong Bus Station
- Address: 6/60-61, Moo 1, Phetkasem Road, Tambon Bang Rin, Amphoe Mueang Ranong
Travel from Ranong Bus Station
Ranong Bus Station is located on the major road running from Ranong town south to Ranong Airport.
Travel to Koh Phayam
There are plenty of shared songthaew taxis and motorbike taxis which can take to the jetty for boats to Myanmar as well the ferry pier to Koh Phayam. Expect to pay around 70 THB for a motorbike taxi from the bus station to the ferry pier.
Red and blue shared songthaew taxis ply the route between the bus station and the ferry pier to Koh Phayam. Expect to pay 20 THB per person for a shared taxi, which will you drop you at the turning to the ferry pier on the Chaloem Phrakiat Road. If you want to travel from Ranong Bus Station to ferry pier to Koh Phayam simply tell taxi drivers that you want to go to Koh Phayam and they will take you to the right place.