There are three ways to travel from Hat Yai to Koh Samui:
- Train, bus and ferry: You can take a train to Surat Thani City, then a bus to Donsak ferry pier, and there a ferry to Koh Samui. Travel by train, bus and ferry from Hat Yai will take 8 to 11 hours, maybe more, and cost from 500 THB to 1,500 THB depending upon what type of seat on the train you book and which ferry.
- Minivan, bus and ferry: Another option is to take a mini-van from Hat Yai to Surat Thani, a bus from Surat Thani to one of the Donsak ferry piers, and then the ferry over to Koh Samui. This option takes 8 to 10 hours and costs around 500 to 600 THB if you travel on the car ferry.
- Bus and ferry: Phantip Travel operates direct services from Hat Yai Bus Station to Koh Samui. The journey takes 7 hours.
Bus Times from Hat Yai to Koh Samui
There is currently 1 direct service a day from Hat Yai to Koh Samui available to book online.
|Hat Yai||Koh Samui||Ticket||Company|
|08:30||15:30||590 THB||Phantip Travel|
- Phantip Travel passengers travel to Koh Samui on the Seatran Car Ferry.
Buy Tickets from Hat Yai to Koh Samui
Use the Search Box below to buy tickets on the direct service from Hat Yai to Koh Samui.
- Secure online booking.
- Instant ticket confirmation.
About Phantip Travel
Phantip Travel is a well organised, efficient, and successful travel company which has been in business since 1970. Their main business is travel in the Surat Thani area particularly between Surat Thani and the islands of Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao.
More recently Phantip Travel have been expanding the range of services they offer providing connections from Surat Thani Province to destinations further afield such as Koh Phi Phi, Phuket and Hat Yai. Phantip Travel’s combination of efficiency and competitive ticket prices is proving to be a winning combination.
Hat Yai Bus Station
The Phantip Travel service from Hat Yai to Koh Samui departs from Hat Yai Bus Station. Hat Yai Bus Station is located 2.9 km away from Hat Yai train station which is in the centre of Hat Yai town. The best way to travel from Hat Yai town centre to Hat Yai Bus Station is by taxi van or motorbike taxi. Expect to pay from 40 THB to 60 THB for the journey.
Location of Hat Yai Bus Station
- Address: 73, Chotevittayakul Road, Tambon Hat Yai, Amphoe Hat Yai
Arrival in Koh Samui
The Phantip Travel service from Hat Yai to Koh Samui terminates at the Seatran Ferry Pier in Na Thon. The pier is in the centre of the town and a short walk from the main departure point for shared taxi services around the island.
Location of the Seatran Ferry Pier