There three ways to travel from Hat Yai to Koh Samui:
- Train, bus and ferry: You can take a train to Surat Thani City, then a bus to Donsak ferry pier, and there a ferry to Koh Samui. Travel by train, bus and ferry from Hat Yai will take 8 to 11 hours, maybe more, and cost from 500 THB to 1,500 THB depending upon what type of seat on the train you book and which ferry. Bear in mind also that 6 out of the 7 train services from Hat Yai to Surat Thani arrive too late to travel the same day to Koh Samui except the earliest train which is very slow and takes 6 hours and 42 minutes to reach Surat Thani.
- Minivan, bus and ferry: Another option is to take a mini-van from Hat Yai to Surat Thani, a bus from Surat Thani to one of the Donsak ferry piers, and then the ferry over to Koh Samui. This option takes 8 to 10 hours and costs around 500 to 600 THB if you travel on the car ferry.
- Bus and ferry: Phantip Travel operate two direct services a day from Hat Yai bus station to Koh Samui bus station. The journey takes 7 hours 10 minutes and costs 560 THB per person. Use the Search Box below to book your tickets online.
Travel Times to Koh Samui
- Times of direct services from Hat Yai to Koh Samui:
|08:00||16:15||480 THB||Phantip Travel|
|10:00||18:30||480 THB||Phantip Travel|
- Phantip Travel services depart from Hat Yai bus station.
Buy Tickets to Koh Samui
Use the Search Box below to buy tickets on the direct service from Hat Yai to Koh Samui.
- Secure online booking.
- Instant ticket confirmation.
About Phantip Travel
Phantip Travel is a well organised, efficient, and successful travel company which has been in business since 1970. Their main business is travel in the Surat Thani area particularly between Surat Thani and the islands of Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao.
More recently Phantip Travel have been expanding the range of services they offer providing connections from Surat Thani Province to destinations further afield such as Koh Phi Phi, Phuket and Hat Yai. Phantip Travel’s combination of efficiency and competitive ticket prices is proving to be a winning combination.
Hat Yai Bus Station
The Phantip Travel service from Hat Yai to Koh Samui departs from Hat Yai bus station. Hat Yai bus station is located 2.9 km away from Hat Yai train station which is in the centre of Hat Yai town. The best way to travel from Hat Yai town centre to Hat Yai bus station is by taxi van or motorbike taxi. Expect to pay from 80 THB to 120 THB for the journey.
Location of Hat Yai Bus Station
- Address: 73, Chotevittayakul Road, Tambon Hat Yai, Amphoe Hat Yai
Arrival in Koh Samui
The Phantip Travel service from Hat Yai to Koh Samui terminates at Koh Samui bus station. Koh Samui bus station is located 2.2 km South of Na Thon town on the West Cost of Koh Samui. Koh samui bus is very close to the main ring road around Koh Samui. For travel from Koh Samui bus station to destinations on the North Coast of Koh Samui, and destinations on the West Coast, such as Chaweng and Lamai, we recommend that you take a shared taxi or motorbike taxi to the large car park in front of Na Thon’s Lomprayah Ferry Pier and take a shared songthaew taxi from there.