There is single direct service per day from Koh Lanta Yai (the main island) to Trang. This service is a joint ferry and bus service operated by Tigerline Travel with a choice of three arrival points in Trang:
- Trang Airport
- Trang Train Station
- Trang Bus Terminal
Travel Times from Koh Lanta to Trang
- Travel times and ticket prices for the direct service from Koh Lanta to Trang:
|Koh Lanta||Trang||Bus Stop||Cost|
|10.30||14.30||Trang Airport||1,150 THB|
|10.30||14.30||Trang Train Station||1,150 THB|
|10.30||14.30||Trang Bus Terminal||1,150 THB|
The alternative to taking a direct service from Koh Lanta to Trang, is to travel to the public ferry pier on Koh Lanta Noi (the other island) and to take the car ferry for the short 10 minute crossing. From the mainland there are bus and minivan services to Trang.
Buy Tickets from Koh Lanta to Trang
Use the Search Box below to book your ticket from Koh Lanta to Trang.
- Please note: This service only runs during the tourist season on the Andaman Coast. Use the Search Box to check which services are running on the days you wish to travel.
Because there is only a single direct connection per day it is definitely worth booking your ticket in advance particularly is you are planning to catch either a train or a plane for onward travel in Thailand.
Ferry Pier on Koh Lanta
- The ferry leaves from Ban Saladan Pier to connect with the bus to Trang on the mainland.
About Travel from Trang
From Trang there are three options for onward travel in Thailand:
- Fly: You can fly from Trang Airport.
- Train: You can travel by train from Trang Train Station.
- Bus: You can travel by bus from Trang Bus Station.
Trang is a regional transport hub with excellent connectivity to the other parts of Thailand:
- South towards Malaysia: For travel to Malaysia can either a train or a bus to Hat Yai. From there you can connect to bus, train and minivan services to cross into Malaysia at either Pedang Besar or Dannok for travel to West Coast destinations such as Penang and onward travel to Kuala Lumpur, or alternatively travel further South to the border crossing at Sungai Kolok for East Coast destinations such as Kota Bharu and the Perhentian Islands.
- North towards Bangkok: From Trang you can travel direct to Bangkok by either plane, bus or train. You can also travel direct by train or bus to other destinations on route to Bangkok such as Surat Thani (for connections to Koh Samui and Koh Phangan), Hua Hin and Prachuap Khiri Khan.