There are two speed boat services from Koh Lipe to Langkawi which you can book online. Both services take around 1 hour 30 minutes to complete the journey from Koh Lipe to Langkawi, although the cheaper of the two services users a much larger speedboat with passenger travelling within an enclosed cabin.
Travel Times to Langkawi
Travel times and ticket prices for ferry and speedboat services from Koh Lipe to Langkawi:
|11:00||13:30||1,000 THB||Jolly Travel|
|15:45||18:15||1,000 THB||Jolly Travel|
- Departure times are in Thailand time and arrival times are in Malaysian time which is 1 hour ahead.
- S.P.S.B.C services depart from Koh Lipe Pier and arrive at Telaga Harbour Marina in Langkawi.
- Jolly Travel services depart from Sunrise Beach in Koh Lipe Pier and arrive at Kuah Jetty in Langkawi.
Buy Tickets to Langkawi
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Koh Lipe to Langkawi.
Not included in the ticket price is a 50 THB charge for a longtail boat to ferry you out to the floating pier in you are travelling on one of the ferry services. Ferries are not able to pull up onto the beach because of the shallow water. The 50 THB is payable on departure from Koh Lipe.
Koh Lipe S.P.S.B.C Pier
- S.P.S.B.C services depart from a small pier on Pattaya Beach in the south of Koh Lipe.
Koh Lipe Jolly Travel Pier
- Jolly Travel services also depart from Pattaya Beach in the east of Koh Lipe during the high season and from Sunrise Beach during the low season.
Langkawi S.P.S.B.C Pier
- S.P.S.B.C services terminate at Telaga Harbour Marina in Langkawi.
Langkawi Jolly Travel Pier
- Jolly Travel services terminate at Kuah Jetty in Langkawi.
Langkawi is an island in the Malaysian state of Kedah near to the border with Thailand. Langkawi is the largest of 99 islands in the Adaman Sea in the state of Kedah, and one only 4 islands which is inhabited. Langkawi has a permanent population of over 66,000 people and has been a popular tourist destination since the late 1980s, with the tourist industry supported by its tax-free status which makes alcohol and other items such as chocolate much cheaper in Langkawi than in mainland Malaysia.
Langkawi has a number of attractions, including 8 beaches which are good for swimming, although the water is only clear at a few of these beaches. For the best beaches you can visit some of the nearby islands. A recently constructed, and very popular attraction, is Langkawi Sky Bridge which is located 660 metres above sea level and runs 125 metres between two hill tops. There is a cable car which runs up to the start of the Sky Bridge. Other attractions include:
- Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls: This is series of waterfalls with 7 pools. To reach the top you need to climb about 400 steps.
- Underwater World: Indoor aquarium that children will enjoy.
- Oriental Village: A collection of restaurants and shops with performers and an elephant in the street to entertain the shoppers and dining.
- Legend Garden: Botanical garden with displays relating to the history and culture of Langkawi.