There are both fast ferry and shared speed boat services which travel direct from Lipe to Langkawi. The journey time by speed boat is 1 hour and by fast ferry it’s 90 minutes.
Ferry Times from Koh Lipe to Langkawi
There are currently 6 services a day from Koh Lipe to Langkawi available to book online.
|11:30||14:00||1,400 THB||Smart En Plus|
|11:30||14:00||1,400 THB||Bundhaya Speed Boat|
|15:30||18:00||1,400 THB||Smart En Plus|
|15:30||18:00||1,400 THB||Bundhaya Speed Boat|
- Departure times are in Thailand time and arrival times are in Malaysian time which is 1 hour ahead.
- Bundhaya Speed Boat and Smart En Plus services depart from Pattaya Beach and arrive at Kuah Jetty in Langkawi.
- S.P.S.B.C services depart from Pattaya Beach and arrive at Telaga Harbour Marina in Langkawi.
Buy Tickets from Koh Lipe to Langkawi
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Koh Lipe to Langkawi.
Koh Lipe Pier
- During the high season all services from Koh Lipe to Langkawi depart either from a pier on Pattaya Beach or from a floating pier moored off Pattaya Beach.
Langkawi S.P.S.B.C Pier
- S.P.S.B.C services terminate at Telaga Harbour Marina in Langkawi.
Langkawi Bundhaya Speed Boat and Smart En Plus Pier
- Bundhaya Speed Boat and Smart En Plus services terminate at Kuah Jetty in Langkawi.
About travel to Langkawi
Langkawi is an island in the Malaysian state of Kedah near to the border with Thailand. Langkawi is the largest of 99 islands in the Andaman Sea in the state of Kedah, and one only 4 islands which is inhabited. Langkawi has a permanent population of over 66,000 people and has been a popular tourist destination since the late 1980s, with the tourist industry supported by its tax-free status which makes alcohol and other items such as chocolate much cheaper in Langkawi than in mainland Malaysia.
Langkawi has a number of attractions, including 8 beaches which are good for swimming, although the water is only clear at a few of these beaches. For the best beaches you can visit some of the nearby islands. A recently constructed, and very popular attraction, is Langkawi Sky Bridge which is located 660 metres above sea level and runs 125 metres between two hill tops. There is a cable car which runs up to the start of the Sky Bridge. Other attractions include:
- Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls: This is series of waterfalls with 7 pools. To reach the top you need to climb about 400 steps.
- Underwater World: Indoor aquarium that children will enjoy.
- Oriental Village: A collection of restaurants and shops with performers and an elephant in the street to entertain the shoppers and dining.
- Legend Garden: Botanical garden with displays relating to the history and culture of Langkawi.