There are two ways to travel from Koh Lipe to Phuket. You can take a direct service by ferry which is the quickest option, but also the most expensive. The other option is to first travel to Krabi town and from there take a bus or minivan to Phuket. Travel via Krabi is at least 1,000 THB cheaper than travelling direct but takes 3 or more hours longer depending on your connection times.
Travel Times to Phuket
Travel times and ticket prices for ferry and speedboat from Koh Lipe to Phuket:
|09.00||16.45||Rassada Pier||2,400 THB||Tigerline Travel|
|09.00||14.15||Ao Por Pier||2,400 THB||Tigerline Travel|
|09.00||14.30||Rassada Pier||3,400 THB||S.P.S.B.C|
|09.00||14.30||Rassada Pier||3,900 THB||Jolly Travel|
|09.00||16.00||Phuket Airport||2,650 THB||Tigerline Travel|
|09.00||17.00||Bus Terminal 2||2,650 THB||Tigerline Travel|
- Tigerline Travel operates a passenger ferry service service.
- S.P.S.B.C and Jolly Travel passengers travel by speed boat.
- Passengers travelling to Phuket Airport and Phuket Bus Terminal 2 are transferred from the ferry pier to the Airport or Bus Terminal by minivan.
Buy Tickets to Phuket
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Koh Lipe to Phuket.
For all services departing from Koh Lipe passenger are required to pay a fee of 50 THB locally on the day of departure for the cost of a local boat service from the Pier in Koh Lipe to board the ferry or speedboat for onward travel to Phuket. This charge is not levied by any of the travel companies themselves but is a fee to local residents who operate longtail boats from the Koh Lipe.
Travel via Krabi
The cheapest way to travel from Koh Lipe to Phuket is to travel via Krabi. The reason it is cheaper is because you can travel from Krabi by road to Phuket and the distance you need to travel by sea to get from Koh Lipe to Krabi is a lot shorter.
From Koh Lipe there are two ways to get to Krabi town to catch a bus or minivan to Phuket. The shortest sea crossing is from Koh Lipe to Pakbara Pier and from there it is a 250 km journey by road to Krabi Town. Alternatively, you can take a Tigerline Travel Passenger ferry from Koh Lipe to Hat Yao Pier and then travel only 127 km by road from Hat Yao Pier to Krabi Town. Travel via Hat Yao Pier is the quicker and cheaper option. Inexpensive bus and minivan services to from Krabi to Phuket depart from Krabi Bus Terminal which is 5 km to the north of Krabi town centre. The journey by bus from Krabi Bus Terminal to Phuket Bus Terminal 2 takes around 3 hours and costs 180 THB to 220 THB depending upon which service you take.
Koh Lipe Ferry Pier
- All boat and ferry services depart from a small pier on Pattaya Beach in the south of Koh Lipe.
Rassada Pier in Phuket
- The 09.00 departures with Jolly Travel, S.P.S.B.C and Jolly Travel all arrive at Rassada Pier.
Ao Por Pier in Phuket
- The 09.00 departure with Tigerline Travel stops at Ao Por Pier before continuing onto Rassada Pier.
Phuket Bus Terminal 2 in Phuket
- Tigerline Travel operates a service transferring passengers from Koh Lipe to Phuket Bus Terminal 2.