There are two ways to travel from Phrae to Chiang Mai:
- Direct Bus: See below bus times and ticket prices from Phrae to Chiang Mai.
- Bus and Train: Travel by local bus to Den Chai Railway station and take a train from there to Chiang Mai.
If you take a bus direct from Phrae to Chiang Mai the journey time is 4 hours 00 minutes. By local bus and connecting train from Den Chai the journey from Phrae to Chiang Mai takes from around 5 hours 30 minutes to 6 hours 30 minutes depending on which train service you use and the waiting time between the arrival of the local bus and the next train to Chiang Mai.
Bus Times from Phrae to Chiang Mai
Bus services from Phrae to Chiang Mai are operated by the Green Bus Company.
|Phrae Town||Chiang Mai||Ticket||Service|
- VIP: 3 seat wide, additional leg room, toilet, TV, A/C, drink and snack.
- Express: 4 seat wide, toilet, A/C, drink and snack.
Buy Tickets from Phrae to Chiang Mai
Use the Search Box below to find your tickets from Phrae to Chiang Mai.
Seats on Green Bus Company services can be booked using the Search Box above. Booking in advance is recommended during the high season in Chiang Mai from November through to the end of April when the rainy season in Chiang Mai starts.
Phrae Bus Station
Phrae Bus Station is conveniently located near the centre of Phrae Town near to the Yantrakit Kosol Road which runs through the centre of Phrae Town. If you are staying at a hotel or guest house in Phrae Town you are likely to be able to be able to walk to the bus station. Phrae is a small town. If you do not want to walk or you have a lot of luggage then you take a cycle rickshaw to destinations within the town for 40 THB to 80 THB depending on the distance and your negotiating skills.
Location of Phrae Bus Station
Arrival in Chiang Mai
Bus services from Phrae to Chiang Mai terminate at Chiang Mai Bus Terminal 3.
Chiang Mai Bus Terminal 3 is located to the East of Chiang Mai’s old town and more than walking distance from the train station and the popular riverside area near the Night Bazaar:
- Chiang Mai Bus Terminal 3 to the Tha Pae Gate (Chiang Mai old town): 3.4 km
- Chiang Mai Bus Terminal 3 to Chiang Mai railway station: 2.3 km
- Chiang Mai Bus Terminal 3 to Chiang Mai Night Bazaar: 3.2 km
Chiang Mai Bus Terminal 3