There two ways you can travel from Ranong to Koh Phayam: by ferry, which takes 2 hours, or by speed boat, which takes 40 to 45 minutes.
Ferry times from Ranong to Koh Phayam
There are currently 13 services a day from Ranong to Koh Phayam available to book online.
|Shanxi Travel Agency||08:30||09:10||฿ 450|
|Fame Tour||09:00||09:45||฿ 440|
|Shanxi Travel Agency||09:00||09:40||฿ 450|
|Tai Kak Ferry||10:00||12:00||฿ 200|
|Fame Tour||10:30||11:15||฿ 440|
|Shanxi Travel Agency||10:30||11:10||฿ 450|
|Fame Tour||11:30||12:15||฿ 440|
|Shanxi Travel Agency||11:30||12:10||฿ 450|
|Shanxi Travel Agency||13:00||13:40||฿ 450|
|Shanxi Travel Agency||13:30||14:10||฿ 450|
|Fame Tour||13:30||14:15||฿ 440|
|Shanxi Travel Agency||14:30||15:10||฿ 450|
|Fame Tour||15:00||15:45||฿ 440|
- Tai Kak Ferry: ferry service also known as the ‘Normal Boat’
- Fame Tour & Shanxi Travel Agency: shared speed boat service
Buy Tickets from Ranong to Koh Phayam
Use the Search Box below to buy your ferry and speed boat tickets for travel to Koh Phayam.
The advantage of using the Search Box above to buy your tickets in advance is that you guarantee your seats on the departure time of your choice. Koh Phayam is becoming an increasingly popular destination for Europeans on two to three week vacations in Thailand.
How to Travel to Ranong Pier
Ranong Pier is located 6.2 km from Ranong Bus Station and 5.2 km from the Municipal Market in the centre of Ranong town. To travel from from either the town or the bus station to the pier you have two options:
- Motorbike Taxi: The journey should cost about 70 THB from the municipal office.
- Songthaew: These are the converted pick up trucks with the two rows of seats. Flag them down or approach stationary vehicles at the bus station and ask for ‘Koh Phayam’. Blue and Red songthaews ply the route to Ranong Pier and charge 20 THB per person. Bear in mind that the Songthaew will drop you off on the main road near to the sign pointing to the Pier. The walk from the drop off point to the Pier is no more than 5 minutes.
Location of Ranong Pier
- Ranong Pier is located off the Chaloem Phrakiat Road and 1.3 km walking distance from Ranong Thailand Immigration Office.
Arrival in Koh Phayam
Both the speed boat service and the Normal Boat service arrive in Koh Phayam at Phayam Pier. There are no cars on Koh Phayam which means you have three transport options:
- Walk: It is too far to walk (3.2 km) to the popular resort beach of Ao Yai.
- Rent a motorbike: Around 200 THB a day without insurance.
- Motorbike Taxi: Expect to pay 50 THB to 100 THB depending on your destination.
Location of Phayam Pier