The only way to travel direct from Hat Yai to Krabi is by road. There are no direct flights from Hat Yai to Krabi, and Krabi is not connected to Thailand’s railway network. By shared minivan the journey takes around 6 hours 30 minutes because of the time it takes to pick up and drop off customers. The journey takes only 4 hours by private car or taxi.
Minivan Times to Krabi
There are 2 direct minivan services a day from Hat Yai to Krabi which you can book online.
|09:00||15:30||400 THB||My Son Krabi Tour|
|12:30||19:00||400 THB||My Son Krabi Tour|
- Hotel pick up from Hat Yai City Centre and hotel drop off in Krabi Town is included in the price. If you are staying in Ao Nang or Railay Beach then ask to be dropped off at the shared taxi station on the Maharaj Road in Krabi near the Vogue Shopping for inexpensive onward travel in Krabi Province.
Buy Tickets to Krabi
Use the Search Box below to book your tickets from Hat Yai to Krabi.
Hat Yai Hotel Pick Up
- My Son Krabi Tour services to Krabi start with a hotel pick up from Hat Yai City Centre.
Krabi Hotel Drop off
- My Son Krabi Tour will drop passengers off at any hotel in Krabi Town or the shared taxi stop for travel to Ao Nang.
Travel from Krabi Town
Krabi Town is not a popular tourist destination. Foreign visitors tend to come to Krabi Town to travel to other destinations. The most popular local places are Ao Nang beach and Railay Beach. The cheapest way to reach Ao Nang is take a songthaew shared taxi which will which take you all the way from Krabi Town to Ao Nang for 60 THB. Songthaew are colour coded in Krabi. White songthaew ply the route from Ao Nang to Krabi Bus Station. The shared taxi stop in Krabi Town is in front of the Vogue Shopping Centre on the Maharaj Road. During high season white songthaew run every 20 minutes until 22:00. The cheapest way to get from Krabi Town to Railway Beach is to catch a longtail boat from Ao Nammao Pier, the fare is 80 THB one way. To reach Ao Nammao Pier take a white coloured songthaew towards Ao Nang Beach, Ao Nammao Pier is a request stop on the way to Ao Nang.
See the list below for advice about travel from Krabi Town destinations further away than Ao Nang and Railay Beach:
- For travel from Krabi to Koh Phi Phi go to Klong Jilad Pier, which is 3 km away from Krabi Town. There are a variety of ferry services from Klong Jilard Pier to Koh Phi Phi.
- For travel from Krabi to Koh Lanta go to Krabi Bus Station and take a minivan to Hua Hin Pier for the short crossing on the car ferry to Koh Lanta.
- For travel from Krabi to Koh Lipe you need to get to Hat Yao Pier in Trang Province for a ferry over to Koh Lipe. You can get to Hat Yao Pier either by travelling by bus to Trang and then taking local transport to Hat Yao Pier, or more quickly by taking a joint bus and ferry service direct from Krabi Town with Tigerline Travel.
- For travel to the islands of Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao you need to travel by bus or minivan to Surat Thani on the Gulf of Thailand to take a ferry. You can either go to Krabi Bus Station to get a bus or minivan to Surat Thani Town, and then another from Surat Thani bus to one of the ferry piers (most of which are located some distance away from Surat Thani Town in Donsak), or can you pay a bit more and take a joint bus and ferry service direct from Krabi Town Centre to either of these three islands.
- For travel from Krabi Town to Phuket, Phang Nga and Khao Lak go to Krabi Bus Station. There are direct bus services from Krabi Bus Station to all three destinations.