The only way to travel direct from Hat Yai to Krabi is by road. There are no direct flights from Hat Yai to Krabi, and Krabi is not connected to Thailand’s railway network. By shared minivan the journey takes around 5 hours 00 and around 4 hours 00 minutes by private car or taxi.
Bus Times from Hat Yai to Krabi
There are currently 4 direct services a day from Hat Yai to Krabi available to book online.
|08:30||13:30||360 THB||Jijie Tour|
|10:30||15:30||360 THB||Jijie Tour|
|12:30||17:30||360 THB||Jijie Tour|
|15:30||20:30||360 THB||Jijie Tour|
Buy Tickets from Hat Yai to Krabi
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Hat Yai to Krabi.
Hat Yai Bus Station
- Jijie Tour services from Hat Yai to Krabi depart from Hat Yai Bus Station.
Krabi Bus Station
- Jijie Tour services from Hat Yai to Krabi terminate at Krabi Bus Terminal.
Travel from Krabi Town
Krabi Town is not the most popular tourist destination in Krabi Province. Foreign visitors tend to come to Krabi Town to travel to other destinations. The most popular local places are Ao Nang beach and Railay Beach.
Travel to Ao Nang
The cheapest way to reach Ao Nang is take a songthaew shared taxi which will which take you all the way from Krabi Town to Ao Nang for 60 THB. Songthaew are colour coded in Krabi. White songthaew ply the route from Ao Nang to Krabi Bus Terminal. The shared taxi stop in Krabi Town is in front of the Vogue Shopping Centre on the Maharaj Road. During high season white songthaew run every 20 minutes until 22:00.
Travel to Railay
The cheapest way to get from Krabi Town to Railway Beach is to catch a longtail boat from Ao Nammao Pier, the fare is 80 THB one way. To reach Ao Nammao Pier take a white coloured songthaew towards Ao Nang Beach, Ao Nammao Pier is a request stop on the way to Ao Nang.
Travel to Other Destinations
See the list below for advice about travel from Krabi Town destinations further away than Ao Nang and Railay Beach:
- For travel from Krabi to Koh Phi Phi go to Klong Jilad Pier, which is 3 km away from Krabi Town. There are a variety of ferry services from Klong Jilard Pier to Koh Phi Phi.
- For travel from Krabi to Koh Lanta go to Krabi Bus Station and take a minivan to Hua Hin Pier for the short crossing on the car ferry to Koh Lanta.
- For travel from Krabi to Koh Lipe you need to get to Hat Yao Pier in Trang Province for a ferry over to Koh Lipe. You can get to Hat Yao Pier either by travelling by bus to Trang and then taking local transport to Hat Yao Pier, or more quickly by taking a joint bus and ferry service direct from Krabi Town with Tigerline Travel.
- For travel to the islands of Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao you need to travel by bus or minivan to Surat Thani on the Gulf of Thailand to take a ferry. You can either go to Krabi Bus Station to get a bus or minivan to Surat Thani Town, and then another from Surat Thani bus to one of the ferry piers (most of which are located some distance away from Surat Thani Town in Donsak), or can you pay a bit more and take a joint bus and ferry service direct from Krabi Town Centre to either of these three islands.
- For travel from Krabi Town to Phuket, Phang Nga and Khao Lak go to Krabi Bus Station. There are direct bus services from Krabi Bus Station to all three destinations.